Jump to content
sne

Summer Transfer (We need a whole new team) Window 2019

Recommended Posts

If we go up, we need to keep the spine of the team, whether that be on loan or by buying the players in question.
If we go up and do this, I think we'd have a great chance of really pushing on in the prem if we could add 3/4 premier league quality players.

------------------Abraham------------------
?-----------------Mcginn-------------------?
--------------Grealish--?-------------------
?----------Mings-----Tuanzebe-------?
-----------------------?--------------------------

Might be difficult but those players above are winners and fighters. 
UTV. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Daniel James lad looks mustard. I'd go for him regardless what division we're in. The other side of the pitch to El Ghazi sounds good.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/04/2019 at 13:58, Tomaszk said:

Think we should be in for Shinnie on a free. Derby likely apparently. Capable CM/LB.

If its the guy from Aberdeen he was bloody atrocious when he played vs Kazakhstan, was one of the worst defensive displays I have ever seen. Richardson level of bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If we go up, we need to keep the spine of the team, whether that be on loan or by buying the players in question.
If we go up and do this, I think we'd have a great chance of really pushing on in the prem if we could add 3/4 premier league quality players.

------------------Abraham------------------
?-----------------Mcginn-------------------?
--------------Grealish--?-------------------
?----------Mings-----Tuanzebe-------?
-----------------------?--------------------------

Might be difficult but those players above are winners and fighters. 
UTV. 

 

We've signed Guilbert to play RB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

 

I mentioned haller on here about three years ago under sherwood lol. I’ve Just checked and we was linked with him not long after I mentioned him.

 

We havent a hope of getting Haller now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If its the guy from Aberdeen he was bloody atrocious when he played vs Kazakhstan, was one of the worst defensive displays I have ever seen. Richardson level of bad

Apparently McGinn had a bit of a mare too though.  A bit unfair to judge players with that manager in charge.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Apparently McGinn had a bit of a mare too though.  A bit unfair to judge players with that manager in charge.

These were basic defensive mistakes in opening 10 minutes which cost them the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

No chance £9mil for Tuanzebe. United won’t sell anyway plus ole is a massive fan of his. Even if they Did sell tbey would want a lot more than £9mil

You reckon?

I didn’t think he was that highly thought of. He’s 21 now, 22 in December, and this is the first season he’s actually had a run of games and looked decent. That doesn’t sound like a player that could make it at Man Utd to me.

Obviously they rate him, but I can’t see him getting in their team for league or cups, so thought they’d flog him to fund the flashy players Man Utd go for, much like they did Johnstone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I remember El Ghazi was 2 mil for the loan and another 6 to make it permanent.

Not sure if Euro or £

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

You reckon?

I didn’t think he was that highly thought of. He’s 21 now, 22 in December, and this is the first season he’s actually had a run of games and looked decent. That doesn’t sound like a player that could make it at Man Utd to me.

Obviously they rate him, but I can’t see him getting in their team for league or cups, so thought they’d flog him to fund the flashy players Man Utd go for, much like they did Johnstone.

He has had injuries though hasn't he. They sent him out for experience under Mourinho and he didn't get it because reasons. He has played for the first team there and is very highly rated by the fans from what I can gather, I'd be amazed if they let him go for £9m. They only have to watch him once to know that's far too cheap. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

You reckon?

I didn’t think he was that highly thought of. He’s 21 now, 22 in December, and this is the first season he’s actually had a run of games and looked decent. That doesn’t sound like a player that could make it at Man Utd to me.

Obviously they rate him, but I can’t see him getting in their team for league or cups, so thought they’d flog him to fund the flashy players Man Utd go for, much like they did Johnstone.

I think someone said he has one more year on his contract which may make him easier to buy.  Lots of hurdles to get past before we even start to think about buying him of course but he'd be a great signing alongside Mings if we got up.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mings and Tuanzebe is the dream. I doubt anybody gets Tuanzebe for anything under 15m and even then only because of his injury record. Hey, if he could stay fit, I'd pay it without hesitation. The kid is going to be a Rolls Royce centre half.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Zatman said:

If its the guy from Aberdeen he was bloody atrocious when he played vs Kazakhstan, was one of the worst defensive displays I have ever seen. Richardson level of bad

Didn't see the game I'll be honest.

McGinn was supposedly so bad that he got dropped for a match against San Marino. Playing under bad managers is tough.

I think he'd be decent value only costing £7-15k a week and no transfer fee. Plays CM and LB regularly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Merson08 said:

Rondon would be a good shout, had an impressive season for Newcastle. Big forward and can hold the ball up. Most recent game against Leicester he had a brilliant game. 

Urgh, no thanks

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[if we go up] TBH we could do a lot worse than offering Whelan and Albert another year as squad players. I don’t want us to blow the bank with a load of ‘new’ faces like Fulham, but due to players values at PL level it’s easy to spend £75-£100m going up.

If we can convert Haus, Mings, El Ghazi and Tammy (or Maupay, but would like to buy him ASWELL as Tammy to replace Hogan) in permanents, secure Axel for another years loan (and try and buy him next year), add Lolley and another wide man, that’s a huge amount of positive business, but only adding two or three new faces, only one or two that would alter the current starting 11.

I would keep Lansbury, Birkir, Kodjia and Green, and bring home o’Hare.

That’s a very decent squad if you include Bree and Guilbert, despite all the deadwood/oldies departures, certainly good enough to consolidate and build a platform which our young core provide us.

Edited by thunderball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, thunderball said:

[if we go up] TBH we could do a lot worse than offering Whelan and Albert another year as squad players. I don’t want us to blow the bank with a load of ‘new’ faces like Fulham, but due to players values at PL level it’s easy to spend £75-£100m going up.

If we can convert Haus, Mings, El Ghazi and Tammy (or Maupay, but would like to buy him ASWELL as Tammy to replace Hogan) in permanents, secure Axel for another years loan (and try and buy him next year), add Lolley and another wide man, that’s a huge amount of positive business, but only adding two or three new faces, only one or two that would alter the current starting 11.

I would keep Lansbury, Birkir, Kodjia and Green, and bring home o’Hare.

That’s a very decent squad if you include Bree and Guilbert, despite all the deadwood/oldies departures, certainly good enough to consolidate and build a platform which our young core provide us.

This is my kind of thinking..... Have a look at that Cardiff squad, and they came close to surviving (imo they're done). That squad is pants, you don't need great players to survive in the Prem, you just need a great team, and by that I mean a tight knit group all working under a manager they respect.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've mentioned him before, and I don't know how likely it would be to pry a local rival's emerging talent away from them, but I'd like to see us try to sign Rekeem Harper from the Baggies.

Image result for rekeem harper gif

I have heard good things about him whenever I've worked with West Brom fans for many years now during his growth through their youth system and some of his appearances this season have been impressive in my opinion.

Definitely the kind of player we could do with, in my view.

 

Although, it's rumoured he's very close to signing a new contract with them, so could be unrealistic or pricey. Plus, Spurs are supposed to be interested in him too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want us to go crazy with signings, if we make it up. I want us to be sensible. If we go down, we go down...but we go down in a strong financial position, with players not on stupid money, stupid egos and ready to fight. We "go again"

Saying that, we shouldn't just resign players for the sake of being part of a squad. Nobody out of contract should be retained. Even Glenniesta. We'd be better off taking a few £2m Bacunaesque(shudders) gambles with the wages tbh. None of them would cut it in the PL at this stage.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â