Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, AXD said:

This would be money well spent as many of these players will potentially grow into strong PL players and are british. So we could get decent money for them in the future. Plus they are already part of our team, so don’t need to settle in any more.

we need to find a DM (though I wouldn’t mind keeping 1 of Whelan/Jedi for back up), a good winger and maybe a striker to compete with Abraham.

The fact that they are British is completely irrelevant, and El Ghazi is Dutch. Other than that yes, the important point is they are settled, will know the system inside out. We know they're good players and we might actually be able to get them in. 

2 hours ago, Merson08 said:

Rondon would be a good shout, had an impressive season for Newcastle. Big forward and can hold the ball up. Most recent game against Leicester he had a brilliant game. 

No thanks! best go for younger! personally i'd rather we tried for Sébastien Haller, 24 yr old french striker at  (Eintracht Frankfurt)

If Leeds or clubs in Premier League  don't go for him  100% we should try for Daniel James (Swansea) if we go up!!!  i think he's a baller and type of profile we should go for. Have feeling he's off to Leeds though but interest also from Man City.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

I think we need to accept that whoever we sign, of whatever nationality, we have to be patient with them. IF they are young players. From what I can see the last 2-3 months, people have been very sceptical of both Hause and El-Ghazi, but they are looking half decent now. I am not saying they are PL material, but I think if you give talented players a bit of time and confidence, some of them might actually turn out to be PL quality players. 

Afternoon all, I’ve finally managed to sort my password out for VT after something like two years. Getting a bit fed up of twitter so thought I’d come back (if you’ll have me). 

IF we do get promoted, and it’s still a big IF, I think we need to keep the majority of the first team and not make wholesale changes. Keep Jack, McGinn, Hourihane, Chester, Davis, Taylor, Green. Possibly even keep Kodjia and Elmo, as back up to new signings. Sign Mings, El Ghazi, Hause and for me if we can get Abraham, we should. 

We’ll lose a lot of squad players as their contracts end (Whelan, Jedinak, Hutton, Adomah etc...). Three or four quality, prem quality players that slot into Dean’s style, would be perfect for me. 

Whatever happens, come what May, there will be a lot of change. Can’t wait for the speculation to start. 

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The fact that they are British is completely irrelevant, and El Ghazi is Dutch. Other than that yes, the important point is they are settled, will know the system inside out. We know they're good players and we might actually be able to get them in. 

The fact that most of them are british means we ask higher fees in the future. The top sides need british players on their team sheet.

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

No thanks! best go for younger! personally i'd rather we tried for Sébastien Haller, 24 yr old french striker at  (Eintracht Frankfurt)

If Leeds or clubs in Premier League  don't go for him  100% we should try for Daniel James (Swansea) if we go up!!!  i think he's a baller and type of profile we should go for. Have feeling he's off to Leeds though but interest also from Man City.

We’ve were linked with him previously weren’t we .... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wilko154 said:

If we were to go up the priorities should be signing the below players to the club if at all possible. We could potentially do this for £50 million.

Mings

Hause

Tuanzebe

El Ghazi

Abraham

Whatever money is then left over, as @dont_do_it_doug. mentioned could be spent on genuine quality players to push for a first team position.

In this case we should only be looking to sign 3 - 4 of these as to not unbalance the squad, we then build on the foundations at every transfer window.

I reckon your estimation is about right:

Mings £12m, Hause £1.5m, Tuanzebe £9m, El Ghazi £2.5m, Abraham £25m.

Bring in a quality defensive midfielder and a quality winger, and I think we'd have a team worthy of staying in the Prem.

37 minutes ago, thabucks said:

We’ve were linked with him previously weren’t we .... 

I mentioned haller on here about three years ago under sherwood lol. I’ve Just checked and we was linked with him not long after I mentioned him.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I reckon your estimation is about right:

Mings £12m, Hause £1.5m, Tuanzebe £9m, El Ghazi £2.5m, Abraham £25m.

Bring in a quality defensive midfielder and a quality winger, and I think we'd have a team worthy of staying in the Prem.

No chance £9mil for Tuanzebe. United won’t sell anyway plus ole is a massive fan of his. Even if they Did sell tbey would want a lot more than £9mil

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

If we go up, I really hope we don’t sign players from relegated teams. These players are used to losing, its hopenee so many times in the last that a player is relegated (when transferred) 2 years in the bounce.

I get where you are trying to do, but I think the argument is flawed.

Last season, and seasons before that, managers could say don't go for Jack because "He is used to losing" with Villa.

Everton could have said Idrissa Gueye was "used to losing", Fiorentina the same about Veretout etc.

We could have said Tyrone Mings and Hause are not even used to playing etc.

These things have to go on a case by case basis, good players are good players, and if they have it in them, they can acclimatise to culture.

• Like 2