Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

My word of caution is that Fulham have proven that it's perfectly possible to spend vast quantities of money and become completely shit. 

If we do go up. Hopefully we'll bring in the current players we have on loan. They've all ready settled and forms a young promising spine in the team. 

I hope we'll stay frugal and only bring in 3-4 players besides that. A LB, DM and a RW would be a good start. 

Edited by Skruff
Spelling
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

My word of caution is that Fulham have proven that it's perfectly possible to spend vast quantities of money and become completely shit. 

It's not the vast quantity of money that was the problem, it was the whole new starting XI.

Lets say we do go up. Theoretically say we sign Mings, Hause, El Ghazi and bring Tammy and Tuanzebe back on loan. Chester will be back too. What's that costing us, £20-25m? We could then blast £80m easily on 3/4 genuinely good premier league players. A left back, a playmaker, another winger using our existing squad depth for actual depth. Perhaps a striker. Quality > quantity I say, whilst not completely stifling any chance our youngsters have of progressing.

So essentially what Wolves did. Go big in a sensible, measured way. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sne said:

Isn't there a restriction on how many loans you can have from other PL teams when you play in the PL?

Yes, two total at any one time, or four in a season (two in the summer, then two in January assuming the other two are sent back).

Only one form each club maximum.

I don't know if there are restrictions on loaning players from abroad like there is in the Championship (e.g. five in the matchday squad) I got the info here - https://www.premierleague.com/news/464747

Under the rules in the Premier League Handbook 2018/19 (Download PDF, size: 8.39MB), there are restrictions on how many players Premier League clubs can loan from other Premier League/English clubs.

They are:
- Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
- The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.
- Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.
- A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club

With the exception of Welsh clubs competing in the competitions listed under Rule V.6.2, loans from a club in membership of another National Association do not count towards the above quotas.

• Thanks 1

If we go up I'd be hoping we try for Mitrovic and maybe Sessegnon. Can't think of anyone off the top of my head from Huddersfield or Cardiff that would be worth the potentially inflated fees they would be after when going down. 

I have faith that our scouting network will do a decent job of finding players from around Europe that we can bring in at a good price. 

In terms of our starting XI, I would say Tammy, El Ghazi, Grealish, McGinn, Mings, Chester, Tuanzebe, Guilbert and Kalinic are all prem standard for us to stay up. We would need to add to that core though and 3 of them are currently on loan so would definitely need to be bringing in serious quality. 

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

If we go up I'd be hoping we try for Mitrovic and maybe Sessegnon. Can't think of anyone off the top of my head from Huddersfield or Cardiff that would be worth the potentially inflated fees they would be after when going down. 

I have faith that our scouting network will do a decent job of finding players from around Europe that we can bring in at a good price. 

In terms of our starting XI, I would say Tammy, El Ghazi, Grealish, McGinn, Mings, Chester, Tuanzebe, Guilbert and Kalinic are all prem standard for us to stay up. We would need to add to that core though and 3 of them are currently on loan so would definitely need to be bringing in serious quality. 

Sessegnon has been well and truly found out this year. Not prem standard

• Like 2

We go up we do need pretty much a whole new team.

Grealish keep.

Mcginn keep.

Tuanzebe buy if possible.

Mings buy.

Tammy is a mystery and a gamble because in proven.

Hause keep possibly

Guilbert keep to test out.

Nyland get rid even though I do like him, to much of a gamble at that level.

Steer no1 till replaced by a new no1

Kalanic sell as he's been a waste so far but maybe worth keeping because who knows given time he may come good.

Bunn let go

Taylor is a maybe keep till better is found.

Elphick keep.

M Richards see you later goodbye.

Hutton see you later goodbye.

Elmo see you later goodbye.

Chester keep till better is found.

Ghazi keep but certainly  replace ASAP

Kodjia replace ASAP and sell

Hogan let go

Green keep as he's getting better and will improve.

Jedi see you later goodbye.

Whelan see you later goodbye.

Hourihane maybe a keep for now but look to replace if he can't bring it in the premier and phase him out.

Davis keep.

Adomah Let go.

Carroll has gone.

bjarnason see you later goodbye

Lansbury keep will improve.

Ramsey keep will improve.

There isn't much I would keep and gamble on in the premier to be honest, call me crazy but many of this squad under two managers are to inconsistent at times. As much as i thank them for the job they would of done which is hopefully get us back to the top, I do not think many are capable of a premier assault. Are we really willing to risk playing a season in the premier with this squad, personally i think whoever would play this championship squad would be looking at a relegation side next season. It's not as if I have no faith, it's being realistic in a bunch of lads who have at times struggled to dominate games in the championship without certain star players when they should of won.

Without a doubt whether we all want to admit it or not, this squad we see now will look completely different next season if we go up. Smith will no doubt by some big guns and some major players for the premier as summer is his opportunity to shape the way he wants Aston Villa to play.

Question is will the owners bring out a big cheque for Smith, I should imagine so if we go up and that's incentive enough to change this squad.

To those players who do leave for whatever the reason, I thank them for there service and wish them luck to there careers.

Fulham's summer transfer policy was the equivalent of me doing my summer transfer business on football manager, but at 11pm after 10 beers, and 10 bourbons, and some other inhalable substance.

Was truly the most moronic spend of 100 mill I'd seen since spurs spent the Bale money.....

1st season back up just needs to be solid! For cohesion and general squad happiness you don't want to be adding more than 4 or 5 first team players to the squad.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

Except that half our starting XI dont belong to us. We'll have to be very busy in the market. Whatever dividion we're in.

Oh we will be busy for sure but I just don't want to spoof all our money on a bunch of players with no plan in mind.

Luckily I have full faith in our club structure and in Dean Smith, that there will be no chance in that happening.

If we go up, I wouldn't be surprised it some our loans turn into permanents, which will be great for continuity....

• Like 2

Fulham had no choice but to rebuild due the number of loans ... poorly executed but necessary... We will be in the same position come the summer .... let’s hope we execute our recruitment better ... 

• Like 1

If we were to go up the priorities should be signing the below players to the club if at all possible. We could potentially do this for £50 million.

Mings

Hause

Tuanzebe

El Ghazi

Abraham

Whatever money is then left over, as @dont_do_it_doug. mentioned could be spent on genuine quality players to push for a first team position.

In this case we should only be looking to sign 3 - 4 of these as to not unbalance the squad, we then build on the foundations at every transfer window.

27 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

If we were to go up the priorities should be signing the below players to the club if at all possible. We could potentially do this for £50 million.

Mings

Hause

Tuanzebe

El Ghazi

Abraham

Whatever money is then left over, as @dont_do_it_doug. mentioned could be spent on genuine quality players to push for a first team position.

In this case we should only be looking to sign 3 - 4 of these as to not unbalance the squad, we then build on the foundations at every transfer window.

This would be money well spent as many of these players will potentially grow into strong PL players and are british. So we could get decent money for them in the future. Plus they are already part of our team, so don’t need to settle in any more.

we need to find a DM (though I wouldn’t mind keeping 1 of Whelan/Jedi for back up), a good winger and maybe a striker to compete with Abraham.

1 minute ago, AXD said:

This would be money well spent as many of these players will potentially grow into strong PL players and are british. So we could get decent money for them in the future. Plus they are already part of our team, so don’t need to settle in any more.

we need to find a DM (though I wouldn’t mind keeping 1 of Whelan/Jedi for back up), a good winger and maybe a striker to compete with Abraham.

Absolutely

Keep Whelan for one more year, sell Jedinak. Bring in a DM to start games with Whelan as his backup.

Let Adomah go and bring in two wingers to compete with El Ghazi and Green.

Sell Kodjia & Hogan. Sign a second striker to compete with Abraham and Davis.