Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

watching the highlights and he parried a lot of shots and probably could have saved the Mings goal. Not really a great performance at all

I disagree wholeheartedly, he was by far their best player but they were dreadful. It was a shame seeing Jack Rodwell on the bench for them too, oh what could have been for him? He could’ve been brilliant 

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

10 hours ago, holteend1982 said:

I just read the BBC article from when they signed him, it said united were in negotiations with sporting for a while over him before stepping it when other clubs become interested. 

Their other signings that window was kleberson, djemba djemba, David bellion and Tim Howard! 

I mean... Timmy Howard eventually became a fantastic keeper, but the others, especially the Djemba twins...  *Facepalm*

• 2 weeks later...

Tenuous links to a Croatian guy called Josip Vukovic.

Midfielder who plays for Maritimo in Portugal.

Rangers also interested, also linked with Villareal and Chelsea apparently.

Never heard of him or seen him play, DCM/CM.

29 minutes ago, sne said:

It would appear the likes of Rangers and Celtic have a good eye for relatively unknown gems.

As unfair as it seems, it is probably worth stealing their potential signings before they make the big moves lol.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

On 31/03/2019 at 17:33, villalad21 said:

Why not?

United signed Ronaldo based on 1 game. He looked really good in that game, that's all i can say.

Carlos Queiroz  recommended him to Fergie in 2002 and they had tracked him for while  sending scouts to watch him numerous times

The reason United played Sporting in that game where Ronaldo impressed was because it was part of an alliance United had agreed with Sporting , an alliance with the aim to get first dips on Sportings youth players   , primarily  Ronaldo

they signed him pretty much after the game you are referring to cause Queiroz  had just taken over at Madrid and was also at the game with a view to try and sign him 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sne said:

Definite a 4 clubs picked from random link

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Definite a 4 clubs picked from random link

Villa, Rangers and Villareal I have no problem believing having scouted this guy.

Chelsea on the other hand seen like a bit of a out there link.

I think we can all aggree - whatever the outcome of this season, next seasons squad is going to be much change............... I think very few of the out of contract lads will get kept on, in the championship we wont afford them with no parachute payments and in the premier they wont be good enough.     The loan players - who knows?  My gut feel is if we go up well sign El Ghazi, Hause and Mings as they wont cost massive money in prem terms...... its the rebuild from there on in...................... You'd like to think wed have a great shout of getting Abraham on loan again for a year if we go up........... 

After that we need at least - one centre back, one left back, two wide players and a couple of midfield players and another forward............. who?? my view is go and get some of the best younger players we can, that have a chance of staying up in prem, if we cant, at least we go back down with 3 years of parachute payments and a squad of lads we probably wont have to sell and can go championsip promotion ready

eg; Maupay, Bowen, Hayden, Sawyers etc.................. 

• Like 2

I feel Danish Winger Robert Skov of FC København is worth a look!

He's a good player.

22 Years old. 27 games this season in Danish Superliga with 24 goals
8 of his goals free kicks. 6 assists.

Edited by Villan4Life

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just saw the "JDH" thread.

Didn't know where else to post what madness it is.

Wondered about this myself ? Difficult to ask what it's about considering the only info tells us we can't? 

• Like 1

Regarding summer transfer window, if we managed to permanently sign Mings, El Ghazi, and Tammy then that would be an amazing start. I think Tammy is less likely though as Chelsea have their transfer embargo so will likely need to hang on to players for squad depth.

I would make a good DM a priority, Whelan and Jedi will probably move on and we really need to find a new, good, deeper lying midfielder. 

Then if we can get a proper, quality LB and another striker (even if we did get Tammy too), then that would be a good window. But without knowing what league we’ll be in it’s very hard to guess what will be our priority.