Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

On 30/03/2019 at 03:16, villalad21 said:

De Gea was just a kid when he arrived though, not really a good comparison.

He was 20 years old and was bought for nearly 20 million as a highly rated keeper. All players, of all ages, playing in any position need a settling in period. 

The comparison is perfect!

On 04/03/2019 at 19:47, sne said:

Sergi Samper released by Barcelona.

He was supposed to be the next Busquets but's been hampered by injuries.

He'll likely never live up to his promise now, but if he could stay fit he'd be an interesting signing on a free.

U never know, if Laursen could get over his injuries perhaps Samper can as well.

we do need help at DCM

FWIW he's odds on at joining Iniesta and Villa (David not us) in Kobe, Japan.

Donis Avdijaj could be interesting one on a free! has attitude issues but maybe something Dean & JT can work on as only 22, he  has the talent.

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

Oh no...

We've fallen in to the trap of buying players who had the game of their life against us. Left us with a lot of shit players.

Agreed @Mazrim

Their keeper David Raya has been making number of mistakes recently for Blackburn.

He had good game yesterday i've heard but that tends cloud peoples judgement!

Need to watch him for least a minimal if possible  5 full  games (so can weigh up psychological factors  of a players game too). Not base it on 1 game as we have made this mistake too many times in past when players have had 1 good game against us. 4-corner model needs to be applied and used when targeting players and definitely when signing them.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

I watched him vs Shrewsbury live last week and and watched him few times this season before too would love us take  chance on Jamal Lowe of Pompey.

The kid is a baller I raved on about him in my player report last week which went to a club I was doing report for  :D

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Why not?

United signed Ronaldo based on 1 game. He looked really good in that game, that's all i can say.

Would that be the same Ronaldo who was watched by a lot of scouts from the big clubs around Europe? He was hardly unheard of. 

• Like 3

Just now, daggy_333 said:

Would that be the same Ronaldo who was watched by a lot of scouts from the big clubs around Europe? He was hardly unheard of. 

Man U didn't plan to sign him, they signed him after being impressed in a pre season game against Sporting. 

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Man U didn't plan to sign him, they signed him after being impressed in a pre season game against Sporting. 

Bit of a myth apparently. They had a plan to sign him but he was getting massive attention following this game which forced their hand.

Apparently.

• Like 1

I just read the BBC article from when they signed him, it said united were in negotiations with sporting for a while over him before stepping it when other clubs become interested. 

Their other signings that window was kleberson, djemba djemba, David bellion and Tim Howard! 

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I would take that Blackburn keeper. Looked very impressive

I thought the same when watching him, although it’s just one game, don’t forget we have Kalinic too. I’d be amazed if we signed another keeper