Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

15 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Also they were fairly cheap, Bennett was around 3m I think, and Bowery was about 500k. Delph and Alli were both over 5m.

Wasn't Bennett like 7-10m? I always thought it a relatively expensive signing for an unknown

edit: seems to be 2.5 in most articles about the transfer, I must be thinking about someone else

Edited by Junxs

5 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Wasn't Bennett like 7-10m? I always thought it a relatively expensive signing for an unknown

Wikipedia states "Bennett completed a transfer to Premier League club Aston Villa for a fee of £3 million, with potential add-ons rising to £4.25 million."

Transfermarkt.co.uk says it was £2.84m.

I'm trying to find a better source, but I've always though it was around the 3m mark.

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

WOW, seen it reported £7.5m, thats an awful lot if we don't go up

All good if it means Neil Taylor wont be in the team anymore though, our weakest link for almost 3 years

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Wikipedia states "Bennett completed a transfer to Premier League club Aston Villa for a fee of £3 million, with potential add-ons rising to £4.25 million."

I'm trying to find a better source, but I've always though it was around the 3m mark.

Yeah I already edited my post, wish there was an option to delete 

1 minute ago, Teale's 'tache said:

And Bennett was a championship player at the time so paying almost double for a league one player. 7.5m is a lot of money for someone at that level. 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

And Bennett was a championship player at the time so paying almost double for a league one player. 7.5m is a lot of money for someone at that level. 

Certainly is, it's a risk no doubt, they must have seen something they like!

At the moment it's just a rumour though, that fee could be including all kinds of add-ons and clauses.

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Genuine. Dan Bardell says he hears a fee has been agreed

Where do we think he might play?, info says he's mainly a RB who can also play CD and MC, so competition for Guilbert or actually coming in to be a CB or DM?

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Where do we think he might play?, info says he's mainly a RB who can also play CD and MC, so competition for Guilbert or actually coming in to be a CB or DM?

Think he's mainly played at LB?

wouldn't be a Villa defender signing without us having no idea what position he plays in :D 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sne said:

wouldn't be a Villa defender signing without us having no idea what position he plays in :D 

Oh yeah transfermarkt says mainly LB but also capable at RB.

I got my Initiial info from Wikipedia which says hes mainly a rb who can also play CB and CM.

2 hours ago, sne said:

Have read that he is a Right Back by description, but has excelled at LB for Luton during their promotion run.

Surely a positive.

4 hours ago, Junxs said:

Might be on my own here, but think Delle Alli is the most overrated player around.

I watched a fair bit of spurs last few years as Sky / BT love to show them.. I just don't see what he does that's so special. He doesn't take people on, he doesn't score long range, doesn't take control of games, doesn't seem to do any of the stuff players that get talked about do. Christian Eriksen and Son are the standouts for Spurs but never get hyped like Alli does.

Genuinely think Grealish would be better in the England team ahead of him, Delph too.

Overrated by Spurs fans, yes, but he's very clearly a Champions League quality player. He does take people on (but that isn't his job), he does score long range goals, and he can take control of games. He has had some injury niggles in the last 12 months that have held him back a bit, but he was superb the 3 preceding seasons, and he's still only 23.

His qualities are his movement, his first touch, his range of passing, the speed he moves the ball on, his aerial ability, his workrate (you cannot win Pochettino's trust without doing the hard work). Different player from Jack, but would look equally as dominant if he dropped down to the Championship.

He was a fantastic signing from League One.

I also think James Justin fits a similar profile -- playing at a lower level because it's his hometown club, where he progressed quickly through the youth system. He's won their young player of the year and has been a regular fixture in a dominant league season for them this year.

I have more confidence in that kind of profile than someone who failed to break through at a Prem club, dropped down, moved around, etc. With those players you always suspect there's a flaw that has forced them down to third tier football.

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

One of the best in Europe?? this is the exact hype I was going on about.

Doesn't really matter whether you think he's overhyped or not. That's how he was seen in many circles. Scoring 20 odd goals, including a few worldies, as basically a kid tends to do that. Looks a bit flat for a few reasons this season. Still, are you arguing paying 5m for him from League 2 wasnt a good call?

• Like 1

Had anyone seen James justin play or habe actual insight in to him as a players?, other than what others say or the media says?

Also looks like he is right footed, so not sure why he was playing LB for Luton?

If he is right footed, will be interesting to see where they plan to play him??

Edited by MaVilla

2 hours ago, Junxs said:

One of the best in Europe?? this is the exact hype I was going on about.

Got 2 assists in a Champions League semi-final, despite a frustrating season with injuries. 5th highest assists in PL 2017/18, 6th highest goalscorer in PL 2016/17. And still only 23.

The idea that there are loads of young players of Alli's proven quality floating around Europe is ludicrous. Yes he had a bad World Cup, and yes he's gone missing a lot this season, but he's a top player.

Whenever I hear someone say "X is better than Alli" it's usually someone in their late twenties, playing at their peak, so an unfair comparison.

Can you really think of many players his age or younger who are doing what's doing? Mbappe is clearly ahead of him, but otherwise he's in the same bracket as Asensio, de Ligt, de Jong, Dembele, etc. Perhaps Foden will overtake him. I'd also be very keen to see how Grealish gets on next season.

• Like 2