Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

I don't know anything about Justin, but from my morning research, he just turned 21, already has ~90 League Appearances for Luton, played a huge part in their back-to-back promotions, and sounds very professional in his interviews.  Villan4Life also rates him, so it looks like a no-brainer to me.  Sign him up!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

I don't know anything about Justin, but from my morning research, he just turned 21, already has ~90 League Appearances for Luton, played a huge part in their back-to-back promotions, and sounds very professional in his interviews.  Villan4Life also rates him, so it looks like a no-brainer to me.  Sign him up!

Thanks mate. Big up to you.your comment made me crease... . I do my best :) I’m already looking  at what friendlies I can go to any league for this summer :D  to look for players I’ve not heard of .. I might even go German pre season friendly have been invited over there in July by an associate. 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Thug said:

Some real random numbers being thrown about here.

Lets face it.  Not us, nor any other team on this planet are about to pay £25m for Tuanzebe.

And nor is he about to start for Man Utd.

He’s had half a decent season in the championship .

I take your points. Unfortunately, you don't get value for money taking the best youngsters from the top clubs. And he's had a very good season at a big club which won't have harmed his already excellent reputation. Nobody expects him to be the finished PL defender at 20/21.

What might affect his value and encourage Man Utd to sell is his injury record, which isn't stellar. If we could get him for anything like 10-15m it would be amazing.

He has a higher ceilling than any of their current centre halves though which will probably mean they'll at least want a preseason with him. An over the top bid might convince them to move on, hence the point. Even then, they don't need the money so it's doubtful.

Edited by Mazrim

45 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I highly doubt we have bid for him esp the week of the play off final when we dont even know what league we will be in. 

7.5m for a league one player for me is really excessive. 

Lot's of people probably said the same when passing on Dele Alli. And for that matter, Fabian Delph.

Edited by Mazrim

8 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Lot's of people probably said the same when passing on Dele Alli. And for that matter, Fabian Delph.

Might be on my own here, but think Delle Alli is the most overrated player around.

I watched a fair bit of spurs last few years as Sky / BT love to show them.. I just don't see what he does that's so special. He doesn't take people on, he doesn't score long range, doesn't take control of games, doesn't seem to do any of the stuff players that get talked about do. Christian Eriksen and Son are the standouts for Spurs but never get hyped like Alli does.

Genuinely think Grealish would be better in the England team ahead of him, Delph too.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Might be on my own here, but think Delle Alli is the most overrated player around.

I watched a fair bit of spurs last few years as Sky / BT love to show them.. I just don't see what he does that's so special. He doesn't take people on, he doesn't score long range, doesn't take control of games, doesn't seem to do any of the stuff players that get talked about do. Christian Eriksen and Son are the standouts for Spurs but never get hyped like Alli does.

Genuinely think Grealish would be better in the England team ahead of him, Delph too.

I think Alli was good when he broke through but he's been struggling with injuries and form for a while now, I also think he tends to play out of his favoured position especially for England which doesn't do him any favours, he does have great movement and drags players around which isn't always obvious, and he's a tidy finisher.

However, I agree, Jack certainly has more of a clear effect on a game and would cause opposition coaches more headaches.

I'm all for going after young, hungry players but it's the quality that really matters, and you have to pay good money for that as others will always be interested. It's a risky policy but it can work. 

I can seen it being legit, seems like the kind of profile we’d look at signing irrespective of which division we’re in.

Though it would suggest also that the club remain unconcerned about FFP, which is either a really good or a really bad thing.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I can seen it being legit, seems like the kind of profile we’d look at signing irrespective of which division we’re in.

Though it would suggest also that the club remain unconcerned about FFP, which is either a really good or a really bad thing.

Agreed and we can't afford to wait around until after we win* the playoff final to start negotiating for players. That work should have started months ago.

2 hours ago, Mazrim said:

For every alli there. Is a Bennett or bowery. Works both ways. 

I agree alli is so over rated. Delph was a very good signing for us I agree. 

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

For every alli there. Is a Bennett or bowery. Works both ways. 

I agree alli is so over rated. Delph was a very good signing for us I agree. 

That's not really a fair comparison at all - Bennett and Bowery were not standout players or stars in the teams they played for and IIRC the fans of those teams were surprised we went for them. 

11 minutes ago, lexicon said:

That's not really a fair comparison at all - Bennett and Bowery were not standout players or stars in the teams they played for and IIRC the fans of those teams were surprised we went for them. 

Also they were fairly cheap, Bennett was around 3m I think, and Bowery was about 500k. Delph and Alli were both over 5m.