Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Said in his Wikipedia that he can play either side which would be a massive advantage. 

Apparently Leicester were keen too, if there’s any truth to the paper talk (which there rarely is!)

• Like 1

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Said in his Wikipedia that he can play either side which would be a massive advantage. 

Apparently Leicester were keen too, if there’s any truth to the paper talk (which there rarely is!)

I thought he was a centre mid who ended up at left back.

We should be looking at him and their RB, Jack Stacey, as well.

Anyone seen him play? I haven’t so can’t comment, not that you’d trust my opinion anyway (I am referring to Justin here), he seems to be a long term target, edit- apparently, he played against us in 2016 when they beat us 3-1 in the Carabao Cup but I can’t remember him, can anyone else?

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

4 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Yeah. Mings has a lot of clout with Villa. Not as much outside of Villa perhaps. Not yet.

Tuanzebe for 5 - 10m is just lunacy. Probably looking at 15 -20m as a starting point and only then because his contract is winding down. Class centre halves are rare and this kid is a Rolls Royce. He could be as good as Rio Ferdinand. Better.

Not far wrong with this - I think he is excellent too, without the physical presence and bluster of Mings but just as effective, and as ccomp[lished bringing the ball out. Very cool operator..

For me Ferdinand was one of the best Centre Backs I have seen, really very very good at everything except perhaps his out play (which was still very good), but his reading of the game was as good as McGrath. I think Tuanzebe is almost as accomplished but lacks Ferdi's height. If we got Tuenzebe and Mings, basically we would have one of the best centre back pairings (for the next 5 years) in British Football. I would love it but doubt it will happen. I hope Tuanzebe fluffs his chance with MU on Summer tour 😉 

9 minutes ago, thunderball said:

El Ghazi for £5m sounds good business in todays market, even if he figures as just a squad player. We paid £5m for punt on Tishbola.

And gave him a 5 year contract... which expires next summer I believe! 

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Anyone seen him play? I haven’t so can’t comment, not that you’d trust my opinion anyway (I am referring to Justin here), he seems to be a long term target, edit- apparently, he played against us in 2016 when they beat us 3-1 in the Carabao Cup but I can’t remember him, can anyone else?

Yes I’ve seen him play. He’s got lot potential and someone id like see us go for 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I'd take El Ghazi for 5m, he's worth at least that now and still has potential to improve even more. Obvious other benefit is that he knows the group and system already.

This is a no brainer for me.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Thug said:

Some real random numbers being thrown about here.

Lets face it.  Not us, nor any other team on this planet are about to pay £25m for Tuanzebe.

And nor is he about to start for Man Utd.

He’s had half a decent season in the championship .

Very much this ^

I get that he’s highly rated, but he’s not proven himself to be worth that amount. Ole has said that he’s looking forward to seeing him in pre-season for Man Utd, but I think this is just to appease the Man Utd fans that are seemingly sick of spending big money and want to focus on a ‘new class of 92’ 🙄 with youngsters.

But nevertheless, if a player his age was ever going to make it at Man Utd, you would normally expect them to have made some good appearances in the Premier League by now, not half a season looking ‘okay’ under Bruce in the Championship, and then half a season looking great under Smith in the Championship.

I think he will either get loaned out to a Premier League team and his Man Utd contract extended, or I could see him being sold for a ‘cut price’ of £12m-15m, based on him having 1-year left on his deal, if Man Utd deem him not to be Top 6 quality, and would prefer to put that money towards a £20-£25m young, English defender that has shown promise in the Premier League already.

• Like 2

For some reason, I think I trust that we are doing proper homework on our targets as shown by the huge success of our January defensive signings with both Mings and Hause impressing after settling in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

What position does he play? What are his strengths and weaknesses?

Left back. Can also play Right Back  too. He is fast going forward very fast and also decent at defending too has a great engine . Has a decent delivery too. He Would  be the Type  of signing I’d like see us do more of and hopefully do similar to bring in aribo, bayliss and turnbull if possible 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Thanks 2

I’m all for these hidden gems from the lower leagues... but, if we go up it would be great to get some proven PL players too. Like Leicester getting Robert Huth, a little older but proven to be good enough at that level. I suppose it’s a fine line between that and a Lescot type signing where we buy an old, washed-up, loser who wants a last pay day.

I think I’ve talked myself out of it, let’s go for the young talent!

1 hour ago, New_Hope said:

For some reason, I think I trust that we are doing proper homework on our targets as shown by the huge success of our January defensive signings with both Mings and Hause impressing after settling in.

Agree. Players with ability but just importantly the right attitude.