Jump to content
sne

Summer Transfer (the press know nothing) Window 2019

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I don't think Ghazi is worth 5 mill, 4 mill yes. Mings I think we will be made to pay the price for him and I've a feeling it will be around 16 million, would be shocked if we could get him lower than that as he's pretty much been it for us and Bournemouth know it. Hause I thought we had the option to buy if we chose to regardless of what wolves said, I think be will deffo be ours. Tuanzebe I think we might get him cheaper than what many think we will, that's if we do get him, all depends on whether man Utd splash cash on new defenders or not, but I think 5-10 mill.

Then there's Tammy, could cost us anything upto 35 mill to secure him possibly morr, other clubs will be chasing him, not sure we should chance it. I myself would rather bring in a few strikers from the championship for what we can get Tammy who are capable of playing at a higher level or ready for the next step up and there are some that we could bring in. We could be kitted out in strikers if we use the money wisely rather than splashing out a crazed amount on one striker. Weve been left with strikers who are with us now who have struggled all season, not got game time or not been worthy of fit into Smith's plans, for whatever the reason we need to sort that position out and we have alot to get rid of all while needing to replace them, only way to do that is to spend wisely the best we can. Splashing out on one striker puts us in a situation straight away where we have to rely on Tammy to come good because if he fails we will be coming back down, if we buy a few strikers for less each , there's more chance of someone coming good out of the bunch

Is he worth £4.3 million?


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

:trollface:

 

 

Edited by Mic09
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Calling him a Premier League signing is very relative in my eyes. Firstly he was a championship quality player, in a championship based team,  that was signed to a team doomed for relegation to the championship, filled with championship standard players. For all sense and purposes he was a championship signing. And in my eyes  £ 6 million is a lot of money, even by todays standards. 

I don't think 6 million is much in today's football world, won't be long before league two are asking that much for players.

Paulo gazzaniga 2.8 mill is league 2 record isn't it in 2017, League 2 is slowly creeping on transfers to 5 million, which will be a common transfer fee in the seasons to come.

Championship transfers are on the up as well, clubs asking for more money from premier or other clubs in there league. If we don't go up then Grealish could be the one who sets a record for a championship player right??

 

Edited by Dave-R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Arguing over £1m

giphy.gif

For sure it is 1 mill, to a club it might not be much, to me however it would be a life changer.

Edited by Dave-R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

El Ghazi is easily worth 5m.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

El Ghazi is easily worth 5m.

His arrival video showed up in my Youtube feed.

Reading some of the comments from Ajax fans etc and he is extremely highly rated for potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Paulo gazzaniga 2.8 mill is league 2 record isn't it in 2017, League 2 is slowly creeping on transfers to 5 million, which will be a common transfer fee in the seasons to come.

 

 

That was the record outbound transfer from league 2 to the championship, record inbound is £1.5m, when Kasper Schmichael joined Notts County. 

Going to be a very long time until a league 2 team spends much more than 2m, let alone spend 5m.

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I don't think Ghazi is worth 5 mill, 4 mill yes. Mings I think we will be made to pay the price for him and I've a feeling it will be around 16 million, would be shocked if we could get him lower than that as he's pretty much been it for us and Bournemouth know it. Hause I thought we had the option to buy if we chose to regardless of what wolves said, I think be will deffo be ours. Tuanzebe I think we might get him cheaper than what many think we will, that's if we do get him, all depends on whether man Utd splash cash on new defenders or not, but I think 5-10 mill.

Then there's Tammy, could cost us anything upto 35 mill to secure him possibly morr, other clubs will be chasing him, not sure we should chance it. I myself would rather bring in a few strikers from the championship for what we can get Tammy who are capable of playing at a higher level or ready for the next step up and there are some that we could bring in. We could be kitted out in strikers if we use the money wisely rather than splashing out a crazed amount on one striker. Weve been left with strikers who are with us now who have struggled all season, not got game time or not been worthy of fit into Smith's plans, for whatever the reason we need to sort that position out and we have alot to get rid of all while needing to replace them, only way to do that is to spend wisely the best we can. Splashing out on one striker puts us in a situation straight away where we have to rely on Tammy to come good because if he fails we will be coming back down, if we buy a few strikers for less each , there's more chance of someone coming good out of the bunch

🤣 Absolutely not a chance of getting Tuanzebe for £5-10m. If we do convince United to sell it would 100% be £20m+. He's 21m with huge potential. Solanke was £19m and that Bristol Left Back just signed for Bournemouth for £13m.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Going to be a very long time until a league 2 teams spends much more than 2m, let alone spend 5m.

Hold onto your hat because Salford are in there next year.

tenor.gif?itemid=6207711

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know why people think Mings would be so expensive.

Bournemouth signed him for £11m, have since bombed him out on loan with a strange clause that suggests they are inviting offers.

They have since replaced him with a new signing for £13m, there is absolutely no way they can argue a bigger fee than they have just paid for what they obviously consider the better player.

9m should do it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah. Mings has a lot of clout with Villa. Not as much outside of Villa perhaps. Not yet.

Tuanzebe for 5 - 10m is just lunacy. Probably looking at 15 -20m as a starting point and only then because his contract is winding down. Class centre halves are rare and this kid is a Rolls Royce. He could be as good as Rio Ferdinand. Better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Yeah. Mings has a lot of clout with Villa. Not as much outside of Villa perhaps. Not yet.

Tuanzebe for 5 - 10m is just lunacy. Probably looking at 15 -20m as a starting point and only then because his contract is winding down. Class centre halves are rare and this kid is a Rolls Royce. He could be as good as Rio Ferdinand. Better.

I like Tuanzebe but there's absolutely no comparison with Ferdinand at this stage. When Ferdinand was Tuanzebe's age he had already established himself as a premier league starter and was on the verge of joining Leeds for a record fee to play Champions League football.

Ferdinand for me was a better player at that age, just a lot better defensively.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jareth said:

 

Think that would be a very good signing, but 7.5 million seems a bit steep.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Erkan Eyibil is apparently on our radar..

 

( Regardless of the result in the play-off final against Derby County on Monday, a host of names will undoubtedly be linked with Villa during the summer transfer window.

Brentford trio Rico Henry, Romaine Sawyers and Neal Maupay have all been touted for moves to Villa, as have Gary Cahill, Isaac Hayden and Lincoln City winger Bruno Andrade. )

Edited by Dave-R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I like Tuanzebe but there's absolutely no comparison with Ferdinand at this stage. When Ferdinand was Tuanzebe's age he had already established himself as a premier league starter and was on the verge of joining Leeds for a record fee to play Champions League football.

Ferdinand for me was a better player at that age, just a lot better defensively.

No comparison? Young but mature defender, good on the ball. Moves smoothly with it. Quick.

Yeah Rio came through and had senior opportunity earlier. Axel has been hampeted with injuries... Not going all out on this but I see comparisons. Lets talk in a couple of years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The joy or pain of our next result will stretch out all the way to September.

Links will either be very exciting or frustrating as we watch good players all go elsewhere.

So flipping massive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

https://twitter.com/villareport/status/1131172896133533697

Determined to sign him no matter what division we are in apparently.

Weren't we after him in January?

Obviously a LONG term target.

yeah I'm pretty sure that we were linked with him in Jan. Seems to be a pretty versatile player.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jareth said:

 

Seems a bit steep, if that's after add-ons etc. it may not be so bad. Fits the young hungry profile I think we should be looking for, not seen much of him myself to know if he has the required quality though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


×
×
  • Create New...
Â