Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

Find the next two guys who might the new Kante. Sign them both.

Alhassan Yussuf.

But he wont get a work permit yet.

On 10/05/2019 at 20:41, ferguson1 said:

Speaking with a Charlton fan today at work and he says a number of clubs (Villa included) have been watching Joe Aribo during the season? He rates him highly.  Now I know nothing about this guy, but sounds like an interesting one to keep an eye on over the summer.  

Mentioned this guy on here a few weeks ago and now linked apparently.  Seems to have scored a few this season and my Charlton work buddy says he is good enough.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Not heard we was looking at him until your post.. :) no one else has mentioned him on here.

He was one of my suggestions from last November on January transfer thread also this summers transfer thread.

Nick Powell is close to joining Stoke i've heard.

Hi Chris, what do you think of Joe Aribo?  Is it someone you've watched/reported on?  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

This is correct. Almost every foreign player we signed has gone on to do well since leaving villa (except gil - but he won PoY or something in the mls) amavi, veretout, gueye, traore and ayew (less so) have all done very well. 

Gestede, Gil, Ayew, Helenius, Okore, Bacuna, Traore have barely done a thing between them since leaving

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Hi Chris, what do you think of Joe Aribo?  Is it someone you've watched/reported on?  

Hi mate, Yep on here never sent him his report to Villa though I first suggested him on here last November. He’s a top talent that will play in premier league one day. Exactly what we need someone to push first team at good price.

I sent email though about Aribo, Bayliss, Hastie and few others in March  to a scout I know at a very decent sized championship club and  was told no thanks. I keep/move every football email I send into folders so I’ve always got it to reference even needed.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Rob182 said:

My prediction is that if we go up, we will sign Mings, El Ghazi and Hause on a permanent, we'll fail in our attempts to get Tammy,  with Chelsea keeping him as a back-up, and we'll get Tuanzebe back on loan, with Man Utd extending his contract for a year and giving him Premier League game-time with us.

I would be happy with that, all things considered.

Mings, El Ghazi and Hause would be great permanent additions, probably costing around £20m for all three, and bringing Tuanzebe back on loan would allow us to spend transfer funds in other areas.

Honestly, I would be surprised if it cost us that much - around £12m in my view, as I think the players want to stay here, and there's a lot of player power now.

Mings is the most valuable; Bournemouth paid £8m and I know costs have moved on, but he's only had half a season in the Championship of note in 4 years because of injuries and they've signed a new LB/CB this summer. £8m tops in my opinion.

Hause - I thought we had an agreement. Can't see it being more than £2m, given where our finances will be if we don't go up. Much more than that I would start to question if he's worth it.

El Ghazi - I'd read rumours of him being a free agent in the summer, but that could be BS. Lille signed him for about €8m, and shipped him out after 18 months. His value must have fallen, and him coming to a Championship club. £2m if not a freebie? 

8 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Honestly, I would be surprised if it cost us that much - around £12m in my view, as I think the players want to stay here, and there's a lot of player power now.

Mings is the most valuable; Bournemouth paid £8m and I know costs have moved on, but he's only had half a season in the Championship of note in 4 years because of injuries and they've signed a new LB/CB this summer. £8m tops in my opinion.

Hause - I thought we had an agreement. Can't see it being more than £2m, given where our finances will be if we don't go up. Much more than that I would start to question if he's worth it.

El Ghazi - I'd read rumours of him being a free agent in the summer, but that could be BS. Lille signed him for about €8m, and shipped him out after 18 months. His value must have fallen, and him coming to a Championship club. £2m if not a freebie? 

Mings: Bourmouth don’t need to sell, he is young and in his prime, we value him very highly and need a centre back. If Bournemouth have any nous they will charge us £15m, and I think we will pay it, we would be stupid not to.

Hause I think his option was about circa £2.5/3m. Wolves seem to be making noises about him staying, don’t know if we have an option where we are in control?

El Ghazi I think has an option at circa €5m.

• Like 1

I was estimating Mings as £12m, El Ghazi as £6m and Hause as £2m. Although you’re right about Bournemouth seemingly not wanting/ needing Mings, we’ve now helped him show that he’s a great player, which will of course bump the price up. I saw the stuff about El Ghazi being available on a free, but I don’t buy it. You know what they say, if it’s too good to be true, then it probably isn’t! 

Edit: @Pez1974

Edited by Rob182
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Gestede, Gil, Ayew, Helenius, Okore, Bacuna, Traore have barely done a thing between them since leaving

Yet 3 of them ply their trade in the prem even 3 years after our relegation.

The other 4 were cheap signings anyway

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Gestede cheap? Wasn't he £ 6 million?

I'd say that's cheap for a Premier league signing, yes

Calling him a Premier League signing is very relative in my eyes. Firstly he was a championship quality player, in a championship based team,  that was signed to a team doomed for relegation to the championship, filled with championship standard players. For all sense and purposes he was a championship signing. And in my eyes  £ 6 million is a lot of money, even by todays standards. 

29 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Calling him a Premier League signing is very relative in my eyes. Firstly he was a championship quality player, in a championship based team,  that was signed to a team doomed for relegation to the championship, filled with championship standard players. For all sense and purposes he was a championship signing. And in my eyes  £ 6 million is a lot of money, even by todays standards. 

I get the strange feeling there is a championship theme in here somewhere, not sure why I think that.......just a feeling you get, you know? :)

Edited by MaVilla
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Dude, we were in the Premier League when we signed him and had been in the top flight since 1989, you somehow think he was signed with foresight of going down? Plenty of Championship strikers make the grade in the top flight.

We spent a lot of money that summer and as others have said also, looking back the signings made werent the problem. Gestede was cheap, certainly not a big money signing like you're trying to make it out as. Other Prem teams were spending £30m+ on their strikers. No matter how you spin it, it was a cheap signing for a Premier League club.

• Like 1

I don't think Ghazi is worth 5 mill, 4 mill yes. Mings I think we will be made to pay the price for him and I've a feeling it will be around 16 million, would be shocked if we could get him lower than that as he's pretty much been it for us and Bournemouth know it. Hause I thought we had the option to buy if we chose to regardless of what wolves said, I think be will deffo be ours. Tuanzebe I think we might get him cheaper than what many think we will, that's if we do get him, all depends on whether man Utd splash cash on new defenders or not, but I think 5-10 mill.

Then there's Tammy, could cost us anything upto 35 mill to secure him possibly morr, other clubs will be chasing him, not sure we should chance it. I myself would rather bring in a few strikers from the championship for what we can get Tammy who are capable of playing at a higher level or ready for the next step up and there are some that we could bring in. We could be kitted out in strikers if we use the money wisely rather than splashing out a crazed amount on one striker. Weve been left with strikers who are with us now who have struggled all season, not got game time or not been worthy of fit into Smith's plans, for whatever the reason we need to sort that position out and we have alot to get rid of all while needing to replace them, only way to do that is to spend wisely the best we can. Splashing out on one striker puts us in a situation straight away where we have to rely on Tammy to come good because if he fails we will be coming back down, if we buy a few strikers for less each , there's more chance of someone coming good out of the bunch

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I don't think Ghazi is worth 5 mill, 4 mill yes. Mings I think we will be made to pay the price for him and I've a feeling it will be around 16 million, would be shocked if we could get him lower than that as he's pretty much been it for us and Bournemouth know it. Hause I thought we had the option to buy if we chose to regardless of what wolves said, I think be will deffo be ours. Tuanzebe I think we might get him cheaper than what many think we will, that's if we do get him, all depends on whether man Utd splash cash on new defenders or not, but I think 5-10 mill.

Then there's Tammy, could cost us anything upto 35 mill to secure him possibly morr, other clubs will be chasing him, not sure we should chance it. I myself would rather bring in a few strikers from the championship for what we can get Tammy who are capable of playing at a higher level or ready for the next step up and there are some that we could bring in. We could be kitted out in strikers if we use the money wisely rather than splashing out a crazed amount on one striker. Weve been left with strikers who are with us now who have struggled all season, not got game time or not been worthy of fit into Smith's plans, for whatever the reason we need to sort that position out and we have alot to get rid of all while needing to replace them, only way to do that is to spend wisely the best we can. Splashing out on one striker puts us in a situation straight away where we have to rely on Tammy to come good because if he fails we will be coming back down, if we buy a few strikers for less each , there's more chance of someone coming good out of the bunch

Arguing over £1m

giphy.gif

• Like 3