Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Looking at the Villa related news today and it's all doom and gloom from the press after Saturday's amazing performance:

Apparently, our accounts "prove" we need to sell Grealish this summer, that if we don't get promoted, McGinn is off to Leicester, and our win on Saturday was too little, too late, as we've "run out of time" to get into the playoff hunt...  What a joke.  hahaha

14 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Looking at the Villa related news today and it's all doom and gloom from the press after Saturday's amazing performance:

Apparently, our accounts "prove" we need to sell Grealish this summer, that if we don't get promoted, McGinn is off to Leicester, and our win on Saturday was too little, too late, as we've "run out of time" to get into the playoff hunt...  What a joke.  hahaha

It all sounds worryingly accurate to me.

Sergi Samper released by Barcelona.

He was supposed to be the next Busquets but's been hampered by injuries.

He'll likely never live up to his promise now, but if he could stay fit he'd be an interesting signing on a free.

U never know, if Laursen could get over his injuries perhaps Samper can as well.

we do need help at DCM

FWIW he's odds on at joining Iniesta and Villa (David not us) in Kobe, Japan.

Edited by sne

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

The striker maybe with Davis.

I think that's it.

JDH as backup defensive midfielder? You usually have a good knowledge about our youth teams so if you say no I believe you. But he seems to be a rather promising player.

Clark too, but maybe not as a starter.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Could anybody but PSG afford him unless he has some release clause

I’m no expert on French football but the feeling within Brentford appears to be that would be his preferred destination (France rather than PSG). Who knows if it’s true but if that’s what he indicated to the club, they’d probably make it work for him. 

17 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’d be surprised if we didn’t sign Hause and Mings. I reckon both are expected to be permanent moves.

El Ghazi and Carrol I’m not so sure on.

Mings is not loan to buy - we merely have opportunity to match any bid received by AFCB

5 hours ago, SirSteveUK said:

Mings is not loan to buy - we merely have opportunity to match any bid received by AFCB

I still don’t get what that means?  I’m going for it meaning we have agreed a fee to sign him but other clubs have the opportunity to outbid us. At that point we can match what they bid if able too.

Otherwise the clause makes no sense.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I still don’t get what that means?  I’m going for it meaning we have agreed a fee to sign him but other clubs have the opportunity to outbid us. At that point we can match what they bid if able too.

Otherwise the clause makes no sense.

If Bournemouth receive a bid of, say, 2m from a team and they accept it, we can match that bid and they have to accept it. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

If Bournemouth receive a bid of, say, 2m from a team and they accept it, we can match that bid and they have to accept it. 

But why wouldn’t they accept it anyway without the clause?  It’s not like we’re a rival.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

18 hours ago, romavillan said:

how many of those roles could we realistically fill with u23s or other academy players?

They should be otherwise what’s the point in having an academy. Most other teams seem to be able to use the younger players they have.

29 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

But why wouldn’t they accept it anyway without the clause?  It’s not like we’re a rival.

"The deal includes a 'matching option' clause which means Villa will be able to match any offer that comes in to buy him in the summer." 

That quote was from the sky sports report when mings moved to us. It does seem like a strange clause, the only benifit I could see from it is we wouldn't be involved in a bidding war for him we'd just have to wait for an accepted offer then match it. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KMitch said:

McGinn is off to Leicester

Lazy journalism. Basically they are running with this as Rodgers wanted to sign McGinn at Celtic in the summer and he chose us instead.

I think if Leicester ever did table a bid it would need to be a good one in the region of £15m+

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

"The deal includes a 'matching option' clause which means Villa will be able to match any offer that comes in to buy him in the summer." 

That quote was from the sky sports report when mings moved to us. It does seem like a strange clause, the only benifit I could see from it is we wouldn't be involved in a bidding war for him we'd just have to wait for an accepted offer then match it. 

I don't know how often transfers are done in private without anyone finding out these days, but I guess this means that if Bournemouth do receive an offer they are obliged to tell us and we have the ability to match it.

• Like 1

On 28/02/2019 at 00:56, Junxs said:

I don't want to see anyone older than 30 coming in, and no loans. Lets build properly for the first time since we got relegated.

I agree except I think 1 or 2 loans for the right player is fine, but I don't want half the team leaving every season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1