Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Thing is, £25m is nothing for a striker now. Bournemouth paid £19m for Solanke who has scored 1 in 36 games in English football!

Haven't really paid much attention to premier league transfers since we got relegated, seems in 3 years we've been missing the prices have trebled!!😱

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Thing is, £25m is nothing for a striker now. Bournemouth paid £19m for Solanke who has scored 1 in 36 games in English football!

Indeed, I think there are plenty of other Premier League clubs other than us that will be willing to spend over £30m for him.  It's not a formality that he will join us.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Absolutely, £25m for a young hungry English striker, who has a good goal record and is already integrated into your squad and system is a bargain. A dodgy season in the Premier League for a poor team, where he still scored 5 in 15 starts wouldn't be enough to put me off.

In fact I think we'd probably have to pay more than that, there will be competition, if we were lucky we might get him on loan again, but the current Chelsea situation is not going to help us any.

• Like 2

I see £25m for Abraham as a bargain. I would have thought north of £30m to secure, assuming Chelsea want to let him go of course. 

• Like 1

I will expect us to be a championship team until I know otherwise and think & plan accordingly. 

Whatever happens we gotta try and retain what we can of a good core we got right now. And supplement that we cheap smart purchases. 

In the dream scenario we beat Derby, we still have to accept we will be likely candidates for relegation next season, so it's imperative we think long term and cost effective. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reivax_Villa said:

And £25 million for Abraham is not cost effective.

There is so much talent abroad for cheap.

Perhaps. Will they integrate with the players, club and fans as Tammy does? A lot of the variables are already a safe bet with Tammy. I agree he isn't guaranteed to be a success in the PL but few are. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Against better opposition a holding player will not be enough for Mcginn and Grealish.

High quality fullbacks that can outnumber the opposition midfield players would be very beneficial for Grealish and Mcginn.

If we go up we'll need 2xLB and 1xRB to go with the french lad. Prem ready and not loan players are pretty thin on the ground in our squad. Jack, McGinn, Kalinici and Steer maybe. That's about it though isn't it? El Ghazi might improve enough, Kodija on a good day maybe, Green could make it. Not sure Hourihane will cut it.  Some of the kids have potential (O'Hare esp) but going up will need some serious investment.

I'd like Tuanzebe, Mings, Hause, Tammy for continuity but they aren't ours and there's no guarantees we'd get them.  

On 22/04/2019 at 16:31, Villan4Life said:

As well as Verlinden. His 17 year old team mate Nathan Collins (Centre Back) who made his first full start  for Stoke's first team against Middlesbrough and also played in Wolves U23 vs Stoke U23 game last Monday that i went to looks a very good talent too.

Have you see Nathan Collins play @sir_gary_cahill? He's an absolute talent mate

@sir_gary_cahill Man Utd now linked with Nathan Collins this morning. i'm Gutted :) Darren Fletcher (ex Stoke) has personally   recommended him to Utd..

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Thanks 1

One thing I don't want to see is us go back to paying over the odds for 'names'. I want to see us progressively build a squad and create the next 'names' which we can hold other teams to ransom with. 

If we get it right, we can eventually  balance having a challenging team whilst developing players and making money at the same time.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

High quality fullbacks that can outnumber the opposition midfield players would be very beneficial for Grealish and Mcginn.

Psh, you don't know what you're talking about mate, we already have one of those 

Alan-Hutton-on-Saido-Berahino.png

• Haha 2

Quick, attacking full-backs are essential whatever league we are in next season. No idea who we should sign as a LB but it's certainly a priority. Hopefully Guibert will do that sort of job on the right, but not seen anything of him to be honest.

If we go up, I would like us to go for Kalvin Phillips as well as he has been excellent this season and can clearly play the way Smith would want him to given how he has done under Bielsa.

No idea who else though, but wouldn't be surprised if we went for Maupay if we are in the PL as can't see us getting Abraham.

9 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If we go up, I would like us to go for Kalvin Phillips as well as he has been excellent this season and can clearly play the way Smith would want him to given how he has done under Bielsa.

Horrible player. Jack really had to work had to shake him off.

Be great if he was our horrible player.

• Like 1

Habib Diallo of Metz could be worth a look.

He's a 23 year old Senegalese Striker with 26 goals in 37 games in French Ligue 2 this season firing them to promotion to Ligue 1.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

Habib Diallo of Metz could be worth a look.

He's a 23 year old Senegalese Striker with 26 goals in 37 games in French Ligue 2 this season firing them to promotion to Ligue 1.

Hopefully much better than the last Habib we had.

Hopefully more "Habiby" and less "Habib Beye"

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, romavillan said:

If we go up we'll need 2xLB and 1xRB to go with the french lad. Prem ready and not loan players are pretty thin on the ground in our squad. Jack, McGinn, Kalinici and Steer maybe. That's about it though isn't it? El Ghazi might improve enough, Kodija on a good day maybe, Green could make it. Not sure Hourihane will cut it.  Some of the kids have potential (O'Hare esp) but going up will need some serious investment.

I'd like Tuanzebe, Mings, Hause, Tammy for continuity but they aren't ours and there's no guarantees we'd get them.  

Not sure Hourihane will cut it but think a maybe on Kodjia, thats certainly  backwards thinking..

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1