Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

Lookman does look a good player. For wingers though I'd be looking at Bowen and Dan James as well as El Ghazi. Maybe Lolley.

If we do go up, we'll need to spend a shitload of money. I think Jesus will already lining up some bargains from Europe whatever happens.

I don't think we do - apart from on the players we have on loan if we want to make them permanent. Then it's just LB, DM, wing. I don't think they need to be super expensive signings. Will be interesting anyway. I do hope we go up. 

20 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Looking at Dean Smiths history, he's not afraid to make wholesale changes. Let 14 go in his first season at Walsall and brought 12 in, 18 came in during his first window for Brentford.

If we don't go up I think we can expect a lot of ins and outs, lots of young players coming in and the likes of O'Hare and Green getting more of a chance. 

If we go up however, I think it would be wiser to keep some continuity, obviously try and get the loan players in permanently and add maybe 4 or 5 in key positions that require it. We may still have a number in the squad that aren't 'premier league quality', but players knowing the system and keeping the group together would be important for surviving a first season back.

So you're telling me there's still a chance for Micah Richards.    :D

• Haha 1

I don't think we have a chance of Abraham signing if we go up... he'll go back to Chelsea. Then we need to find a 20 goal a season striker. 

I know it sounds painfully obvious but if we do go up we need to careful not to sign players for the sake of it and make sure they are of the right character. Fulham spent £100m in the summer and it seemed to do was break up the unity and spirit of the promotion winning team. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Xela said:

I don't think we have a chance of Abraham signing if we go up... he'll go back to Chelsea. Then we need to find a 20 goal a season striker. 

If we were willing to part with 25 mill for Abraham (provided we go up of course", I think we could find another striker.

The only blow would be to continuity and morale as these days he is very much apart of the Villa.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Xela said:

I know it sounds painfully obvious but if we do go up we need to careful not to sign players for the sake of it and make sure they are of the right character. Fulham spent £100m in the summer and it seemed to do was break up the unity and spirit of the promotion winning team. 

Said This before if you look at the amount of loan players Fulham had they had to buy basically half a new team but executed it poorly .... we are no different just hope we execute it better and confident we will 

• Like 1

Sander Berge at Belgian champs Genk is going to be a an excellent DM. Broke through with my Vålerenga, and he’s the biggest talent we’ve seen for his age since John Carew. Immense physique, incredibly intelligent and level headed, and calm on the ball. Expected to move on to a bigger stage in the summer, and I’d love for us to sign him if we go up. Gives Vålerenga a nice sell on fee as well, so double positive for me 👍

• Like 3

3 hours ago, May-Z said:

I think we need someone in the Idrissa Gueye mould. A player like that in defensive midfield would work brilliantly with Jack and McGinn imo.

He was picked up for £7 mill so they're out there.

Agreed. If we go up and secure the loans we have, a CDM upgrade for Whelan will be top priority. 

1 minute ago, OxfordVillan said:

Agreed. If we go up and secure the loans we have, a CDM upgrade for Whelan will be top priority. 

Agreed but a Right sided midfield/winger must be top of the list too

• Like 1

Benteke returning to Villa and picking up where he left off is a fairytale. And that's all it is. If he came back on loan and with subsidised wages, maybe. Its a romantic notion at best. 

He's never been anywhere near as good since he left. He probably never will be that good again. A shame, as when he was with us there weren't many better on the planet. 

• Like 2

So we have a transfer window that could go either way..

IF we get promoted our recruitment has to be spot on. This is a different premier league that we got relegated from.

The full back position is perhaps one of the most valuable position on the pitch so I would expect heavy investment.

Defensively we would need premier league experience. I would get a player like Ben Mee in from Burnley, very dominant and a lot of premier league experience. James Tarkowski is also a top defender.

We would need a modern day holding player that can screen the defence, win loose balls and be very good on the ball.

Whether we get have Abraham or not, I would love us to sign Rondon. He would guarantee 10 goals in that league. 

I wouldn’t want us to fall into the same trap as Fulham with regards to their style. They had an attacking mindset but defensively they were very poor.

There are teams that we will not be able to outscore so defensively we will need to be disciplined.

This is IF we get promoted..

Edited by Reivax_Villa

6 hours ago, May-Z said:

I think we need someone in the Idrissa Gueye mould. A player like that in defensive midfield would work brilliantly with Jack and McGinn imo.

He was picked up for £7 mill so they're out there.

The most important player to recruit in the summer that DM role. A great one will unleash Jack and John to cause havoc.

Doesn't have to be a world beater on the ball, but needs to have some nuts to receive it under pressure, turn and pass forward. The rest of the team can worry about it from there.

8 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I see it that we could potentially get Tammy for around £25m.

Gosh that's an awful lot of money for an unproven striker in the premier league. Was he any better for Swansea than Jordan Ayew was for us in the respected relegation seasons?

I think he misses far too many chances and just isnt clinical enough to become a top striker

2 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Gosh that's an awful lot of money for an unproven striker in the premier league. Was he any better for Swansea than Jordan Ayew was for us in the respected relegation seasons?

I think he misses far too many chances and just isnt clinical enough to become a top striker

Thing is, £25m is nothing for a striker now. Bournemouth paid £19m for Solanke who has scored 1 in 36 games in English football!

• Like 2