Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

4 hours ago, Mazrim said:

He hasn't got control of transfers. It will be different for him. He'll have an input though and rightly so.

I reckon he’ll have at least the same, if not more, transfer control than he did at Brentford.

1 hour ago, GENTLEMAN said:

I reckon he’ll have at least the same, if not more, transfer control than he did at Brentford.

Smith has said that all transfers will be agreed upon by Suso, Purslow, and himself before the deals are done.  They apparently have a WhatsApp group where they discuss transfer targets among the staff.  If their system is set up anything like Southampton's, there will be a secret "War Room" where the scouting staff works out of and the group has all kinds of bulletin boards full of the club's top realistic targets/prospects for the next few seasons.  

• Like 2

I think the only difference this season is that the club has had 2 lists of targets to pursue this summer:  One for the Premier League and one for the Championship.  Until our 10 game run, the Premier League list was more of a pipedream, but now they're probably getting equal attention by the club as realistic possibilities.  

Dont forget the 25 man squad rule in the prem, depending on how many we buy we wont have a choice but to let some of our current fringe players go

Not worth thinking about until after the final

2 hours ago, Junxs said:

Dont forget the 25 man squad rule in the prem, depending on how many we buy we wont have a choice but to let some of our current fringe players go

Not worth thinking about until after the final

All very exciting but you're right, it means nothing until after 27th!

What a massive, massive game this is for tonnes of reasons.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

IF, we do make it back to the PL I hope our first move is the perminant signings of Tuanzebe & Tammy & Tyrone (£40m)

I hope we also go and snap Everton's hands off for Ademola Lookman - He needs to become a Villa player!

He is only 21 and he is a great talent with tonnes of potential and bizarrely Everton have put him up for sale for around £20m - very gettable if next Monday works in our favour.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

IF, we do make it back to the PL I hope our first move is the perminant signings of Tuanzebe & Tammy & Tyrone (£40m)

I hope we also go and snap Everton's hands off for Ademola Lookman - He needs to become a Villa player!

He is only 21 and he is a great talent with tonnes of potential and bizarrely Everton have put him up for sale for around £20m - very gettable if next Monday works in our favour.

Lookman for 20m? Jesus no. 0 goals in 600 mins last season

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

£48m

you forgot El-Ghazi

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Even if they're gettable at all these three will cost at least 60m, which would probably be the better part of the transfer kitty. I doubt we'll have all three back and even if we do 2 would likely be loans only, which is fine. 

While I agree it would be a good idea to keep some of our loan players, somehow I have a bad feeling about spending £50 and essentially, standing still. And I'm not sure if the current team does well enough to stay in PL.

I guess we would need another £50-60 just to buy 3/4 PL quality players.

Can we spend £100-120 in one window?

25 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

While I agree it would be a good idea to keep some of our loan players, somehow I have a bad feeling about spending £50 and essentially, standing still. And I'm not sure if the current team does well enough to stay in PL.

Could the current team finish above Sheffield United and Norwich? I think had we had Dean Smith all season (possibly Jack too) we could well have done).

Above Brighton, Newcastle, Crystal Palace, Southampton? I don’t think it’s absurd to suggest it, at the very least.

A couple of quality signings (plus making some loans permanent) and I think we could finish mid table in the PL.

All moot until a week on Tuesday anyway!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Even if they're gettable at all these three will cost at least 60m, which would probably be the better part of the transfer kitty. I doubt we'll have all three back and even if we do 2 would likely be loans only, which is fine. 

I see it that we could potentially get Tammy for around £25m.

Tuanzebe only has a year left at OT and i'd say around £10-£12m fee.

Tyrone Mings £5m-£10m

£40-£45 mill - and someone mentioned El Ghazi.. I guess he would take us up to around the £60 million signing threshold.

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Lookman for 20m? Jesus no. 0 goals in 600 mins last season

0 goals in the equivalent of 6 and a half games for the left winger, yeah - what a write off.

He would excel in this Villa team and £18-£20 is a bargain. He is already attracting interest from other clubs and he's also an England 21 international.

Anyway, just my 2 cents for now..  it could be an irrelevant post in 9 days. Hopefully not though.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Lookman does look a good player. For wingers though I'd be looking at Bowen and Dan James as well as El Ghazi. Maybe Lolley.

If we do go up, we'll need to spend a shitload of money. I think Jesus will already lining up some bargains from Europe whatever happens.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I see it that we could potentially get Tammy for around £25m.

Tuanzebe only has a year left at OT and i'd say around £10-£12m fee.

Tyrone Mings £5m-£10m

£40-£45 mill - and someone mentioned El Ghazi.. I guess he would take us up to around the £60 million signing threshold.

0 goals in the equivalent of 6 and a half games for the left winger, yeah - what a write off.

He would excel in this Villa team and £18-£20 is a bargain. He is already attracting interest from other clubs and he's also an England 21 international.

Anyway, just my 2 cents for now..  it could be an irrelevant post in 9 days. Hopefully not though.

Just out of interest, why do you think Tuanzebe, with 1 year left on his contract, would cost more than mings?

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

I guess we would need another £50-60 just to buy 3/4 PL quality players.

Can we spend £100-120 in one window?

The thing is, I think this current team we have is better than, or certainly equal to, the  current teams at Brighton, Southampton, Burnley, and Bournemouth. So securing the loan players we have would, for me, be 1st priority. We have a new RB coming already in Guilbert, though we don’t know his abilities as yet. I’m not convinced we’ll be able to secure Tammy given Chelsea’s transfer ban, and I think Tuanzebe will be hard to get from UTD. But we HAVE to try if we go up. I feel certain that Maupay will be the alternative to Abraham if we go up, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Barbet arrive no matter what division we’re in. Let’s just get up and then relax and enjoy the ride!

25 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

The thing is, I think this current team we have is better than, or certainly equal to, the  current teams at Brighton, Southampton, Burnley, and Bournemouth. So securing the loan players we have would, for me, be 1st priority. We have a new RB coming already in Guilbert, though we don’t know his abilities as yet. I’m not convinced we’ll be able to secure Tammy given Chelsea’s transfer ban, and I think Tuanzebe will be hard to get from UTD. But we HAVE to try if we go up. I feel certain that Maupay will be the alternative to Abraham if we go up, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Barbet arrive no matter what division we’re in. Let’s just get up and then relax and enjoy the ride!

I get that. But if we aim to be as good as brighton or Southampton, then we are in trouble already.

I want them to stay, don't get me wrong. But im not sure if we can dish out another 50 mil on top of making our loaners perm to improve this team and compete with Newcastle's and Everton's, not only with the bottom feeders. 

Because if we go up, we will be the bottom team. And in order to stay where we are, and not even improve one bit, we need to pay an estimated £50mil. Maybe instead of buying Tammy for 25-30, there is a Spanish/Italian alternative for half that money?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thug said:

Just out of interest, why do you think Tuanzebe, with 1 year left on his contract, would cost more than mings?

Because football is weird like that.

Tuanzebe is also younger and more highly rated. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

James McCarthy wants to leave Everton, has had bad injuries in recent times but if fit could be an upgrade on Whelan

Not sure on him tbh Zat, he also hits 29 in November.

I'd sooner we used the money and wages on luring Lookman from them instead.

I think we need someone in the Idrissa Gueye mould. A player like that in defensive midfield would work brilliantly with Jack and McGinn imo.

He was picked up for £7 mill so they're out there.