Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

We've got Guilbert for next season no matter the division.

Two more we should be looking at are the two Luton full-backs Jack Stacey and James Justin.

James Justin, Perry Ng (Crewe can play CB & Right Back) and Harry Pickering (LB for Crewe but can play CM too) for me. 

James Tavernier no ... Now Marcus Tavernier I could see.. maybe they got their Tavernier’s mixed up when plucking stories out of the air 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by thabucks

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

James Tavernier no ... Now Marcus Tavernier I could see.. maybe they got their Tavernier’s mixed up when plucking stories out if the air 🤷🏻‍♂️

I don't rate Marcus Tavernier (Middlesbrough) one bit have seen him play 4 or 5 times last 2 seasons. Really don't understand the fuss as much better out there :D He was shocking on loan at MK Dons

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

James Justin, Perry Ng (Crewe can play CB & Right Back) and Harry Pickering (LB for Crewe but can play CM too) for me. 

Blimey, how do you pronounce that surname?

Nee? Nig? Nug? Nog?

8 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Never heard of Tavernier, I don’t watch any Scottish football though. 

Which one? Marcus aged 20 at Middlesbrough a winger or his older brother James age 27 surely you have heard of him he's ex Newcastle & Wigan right back now playing for Rangers he arrived on a free a few years back from Wigan.

Edited by Villan4Life

54 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Which one? Marcus aged 20 at Middlesbrough a winger or his older brother James age 27 surely you have heard of him he's ex Newcastle & Wigan right back now playing for Rangers he arrived on a free a few years back from Wigan.

Ahhh, that rings a bell, I remember the Wigan bloke. Didn’t know he’d gone to rangers, thought it was someone who’d been there for years. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, thunderball said:

No one over 26 y.o. please

Absolutely Love it!! That's how i think when looking for a player. in last few days i have suggested over 100 players to various clubs (1) Championship, (2) League 1, (2) League 2 and (1) Scottish Premier League and not one of them is over 26, a couple are 26 out of them all but rest younger as i'm always looking to future and hoping they can sell on for profit  :D

Edited by Villan4Life

7 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Are you sure you don't mean Ronnie Pickering?  He's good at chasing down opponents.

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Gawd, absolutely no thank you! nowhere near good enough! Hope we don't sign plodders like Tavernier!

Have to agree with you here mate.

He might have done well this season for Rangers but he is not good enough for Villa.

We will hopefully be focusing on players like David Turnbull @ Motherwell and  Timothy Weah @ Celtic.

Both could be aquired for around £6m/£8m.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Let's just go now:

Albrighton, Milner, Clark, Benteke, Young, Stevens, Veretout, Ghana. Not sure we can tempt Gollini as he looks likely to be playing CL football. 

Milner simply because he is the best one out the lot and his experience and work ethic disguises the fact that he's over 30 imo, otherwise I agree that it's young, promising players that we should be signing.

16 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Blimey, how do you pronounce that surname?

Nee? Nig? Nug? Nog?

I imagine it's like the 'Ng' sound from a word like sing or thing. Kind of like 'Ung' but with a very short initial vowel sound. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I imagine it's like the 'Ng' sound from a word like sing or thing. Kind of like 'Ung' but with a very short initial vowel sound. 

You’re right. I used to work with someone who had Ng as their surname. That’s how it’s pronounced.