Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Summer spend is underway and im so glad the villa back in the prem but anyone else got that deja vu feeling regarding some of the links we have over last few days. I remember clearly lambert signing from lower leagues and it didnt workout players like webster, dack maupay are noy players we can risk our budget on i know we have wealthy owners but stability is key this year 3 teams is all we have to be better than the nucleus is good but i think we need better links. Just my concerns 

3 minutes ago, villan501 said:

Summer spend is underway and im so glad the villa back in the prem but anyone else got that deja vu feeling regarding some of the links we have over last few days. I remember clearly lambert signing from lower leagues and it didnt workout players like webster, dack maupay are noy players we can risk our budget on i know we have wealthy owners but stability is key this year 3 teams is all we have to be better than the nucleus is good but i think we need better links. Just my concerns 

Don't worry we will be "There or there abouts" by the start of the season.

:P

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Don't worry we will be "There or there abouts" by the start of the season.

:P

Im confident just hate all thess links to championship over priced players like how defence is being reinforced first thats where we are lightweight. A top quality striker could thrive at villa park with potential service they could get but it needs to be a premiership regular imo.

Edited by villan501

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Everyone knows Thursday is signing day!!! I used to have every Thursday off from work and my main memory is of watching SSN because we signed all our players on a Thursday.

I’m telling you. Tomorrow, something will happen 💪👌

We will all hold you to that and send you to hell if nothing happens 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, villan501 said:

Literally not at all. I think your concerns are fair but I also think they come from the bleakness of our last few seasons in the PL. We have a set up from top to bottom that is so different now and I trust them. If we sign from the lower leagues I’m now confident there’s a good reason for it and it has been thoroughly researched.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Based on our links so far, we could still see the below come in during the window...

GK - Butland

FB - Targett / Justin

CB - Webster

CB - Mings

DM - Phillips

RW - Benrahma

ST - Maupay

What do people think? Too many lower league players or should they be able to make the step up to PL level?

I think there's been enough decent quality in that championship where those players could easy adapt to life in the premier. I would be happy with your list coming here and confident they could cause a fair amount of chaos in this league considering they arnt proven yet want to prove themselves. Bringing that attitude where a player knows he has to make it could be dangerous in a good way if you ask me and many on that list will want to show what they are made of in the top flight.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I don't care if he got stick last year, Jean Michael Seri from Fulham would be such a bargain at 12/13m. So much ability.

Fullhams Gueye? 

Edited by Skruff

3 hours ago, villan501 said:

A. I think Smith is the smartest manager we've had in a long time. Also the background staff hierarchy is something we should've had in place when Lerner took over but that horrible little goblin MON was dead against it. 

B. Our owners are astute businessmen and Edens has success with obscure team in NBA unlike Lerner who inherited everything. 

C. If you believe most of the rumours I have a bridge to sell you. I doubt even 20% are anything but made up. 

D. There's a lot of junk teams in the Premier League like Brighton or a main player sold away from trouble ie Bournemouth.  One of Southampton's main goal threat last season was SHA twunt Nathan f'ing Redmond.

E. Many of the good players in PL aren't that far removed from Championship

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, villan501 said:

Mate the links are all bullshit. Very lazy desperate journalism. 

The signing of Wesley was perfect proof of that.  They know nothing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thug said:

Can you give an example of a "premiership regular" that you would prefer over the hottest prospects in the Championship?

Harry Kane?

Mo Salah?

Or Maybe that Higuain fella that scored about 3 goals in a Chelsea side that finished 3rd? 

Here's a list of the top scorers from the premiership to help you out.

Work your way down the list until someone who might be remotely "gettable"...

...and you get : Callum Wilson! Who came from... wait for it.... The Championship!  Scored more goals than that Lacazette fella who plays for Arsenal.

The others in that list who are even slightly "gettable" were all in the championship in the very recent past.

1. Mohamed Salah 22

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang 22

Sadio Mané 22

2. Sergio Agüero 21

3. Jamie Vardy18

4. Raheem Sterling 17

5. Harry Kane 17

6. Eden Hazard16

7. Callum Wilson14

8. Paul Pogba13

9. Alexandre Lacazette13

10. Raúl Jiménez13

Gylfi Sigurdsson13

11. Glenn Murray13

12. Richarlison13

13. Son Heung-Min12

14. Firmino12

15. Joshua King12

16. Ashley Barnes12

17. Ayoze Pérez12

18. Luka Milivojevic12

19. Romelu Lukaku12

20. Salomón Rondón11

21. Aleksandar Mitrovic11

22. Leroy Sané10

There's far too much snobbery in these forums.

A team made up of the top players from the championship will finish top half of the Premier League.

Spending our entire budget on some guy who is a "premier league regular" is gonna get us relegated.

I agree with you, half the names on this list wouldn't in my eyes out shine some of the talent one league down.

Last season especially was a ruthless place in the championship for a good many reasons, one thing you can really say is there are alot of teams with two to four players that are giving there all week in week out. I felt the championship was a place where everyone is so fired up because promotion is on offer, that they would do anything to obtain it, they are realising there dream is just 46 games away and for those players they put in the displays of there life and do not forget what's at stake.

I'd say building a team from talent one league down could easily bring good results, we would be crazy not to spend on championship player who we deem to be worthy, there are enough of them waiting for there opportunity. 

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 2