Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Lolley is at it, think we should sign without a doubt now since his aim and shots fired at Joe Newell And city:

Joe Newell tweeted: “Garry Monk gone. Just when the club is getting a bit of stability and going in the right direction after a bad few years we f*** it up. Just don’t get #BCFC.”

Joe Lolley tweeted: “Typical of a small s*** club x.”

Have to Love lolley and the way he gets on city's case 😂

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Would anybody object if we did loan Tuanzebe again? He’s been here for a while now, we’ve essentially had him on a permanent anyway. I’d rather loan him again and get Mings back in over buying a completely new CB personally. 

Agreed. If it meant we had the stability of last years spine assuming we do buy Mings, it would let us gear up for another CB next summer when Axel's loan is up. We have enough new faces and enough spending this window, it could be the lesser of all evils if Purslow is willing to eat his words. Maybe no loan fee would make us feel better about developing their player?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Would anybody object if we did loan Tuanzebe again? He’s been here for a while now, we’ve essentially had him on a permanent anyway. I’d rather loan him again and get Mings back in over buying a completely new CB personally. 

I feel it's a business we need to stop, no more Loans even though they have helped us in the past and helped us to get promoted.

Only Loan business I'd accept is if we get a definite buy if we choose on the deal.

I feel Loans will only hinder us now considering we need our players to be our own because we can't sell Loan player like we can ours, so yes I'm against it just for that reason alone. Another reason is I am sick of us taking other clubs players who are benched, problematic or have been forgotton, turning them round into the players they were and losing out because there clubs want them back. It's a mugs game that is and the top six and other clubs are reaping the money rewards because clubs like ours will do this for them.

On a business level we now need to own our own players, on a playing level we now need to own our own players, we need to move on from the way we operated in the championship. In the championship we would of struggled without the loans, in the premier we can easily put a squad together and I'm sure Smith and co will sort out cohesion before season starts.

No matter what anyway were going to have teething problems, we've got two many players to bring in for there not to be, but better they are our players than another clubs.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 4

I wouldn't be against loaning Zebe this year. We've got a lot of holes to fill, if we can get him back that's 1 less person to integrate into the squad and 1 less position to spend on - this can be done next year.

I'm worrying about potentially buying so many new faces that it goes against us because cohesion/teamwork isn't there.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Really can't see a loan as an option with this one , United will not be loaning a player in final year of contract and axel will not be signing a contract extension to be loaned back out

12 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Like @Dave-R says, only if its loan to buy like El Ghazi & Hause. Would push the fee to next season, so has its financial benefit. Only downside is he can't play the Man Utd games, but given the amount of work needed on the team, if that was the only way of getting him back I would be all for it. 

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I feel it's a business we need to stop, no more Loans even though they have helped us in the past and helped us to get promoted.

Only Loan business I'd accept is if we get a definite buy if we choose on the deal.

I feel Loans will only hinder us now considering we need our players to  e our own because we can't sell Loan player like we can ours, so yes I'm against it just for that reason alone. Another reason is I am sick of us taking other clubs players who are benched, problematic or have been forgotton, turning them round into the players they were and losing out because there clubs want them back. It's a mugs game that is and the top six and other clubs are reaping the money rewards because clubs like ours will do this for them.

In general I agree but seeing all this speculation about new CBs, I think I’d make an exception for Axel on the basis that 1. He’s actually a very good player and 2. He's been here for nearly 2 years (?) years now and he’s a key part of the squad that got us promoted. If we had our own home grown CB that was as good as Axel is right now, I reckon we would be selling him to one of the big boys by next summer anyway.

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Don't really get the sudden aversion to loans.

If it plugs a hole in the squad and there are no better, available options elsewhere then why would we not do it?

Just because Purslow said it in an interview? People say shit all the time, doesn't mean anything.

My thoughts exactly. If we could get Tuzanzebe for 12 months now, why would anyone be against it?

We have enough buying to do this summer, and if we leave 1 or 2 positions until next year or the winter then I have nothing against it.

• Like 1

I’ve just been on Newsnow and read an article on HITC in which they quoted “The Cronicle” in Zimbabwe! 

I know I’m a mug for clicking on this sort of junk, but they really are clutching at straws! 😂

15 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

If it plugs a hole in the squad and there are no better, available options elsewhere then why would we not do it?

Just because Purslow said it in an interview? People say shit all the time, doesn't mean anything.

I hate them with passion.  Always have. Unless you have a clause giving a buy option it's just a bad alternative to me. I'd honestly rather play Doyle Hayes than borrow a midfielder we can't keep if developed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I feel Loans will only hinder us now considering we need our players to be our own because we can't sell Loan player like we can ours, so yes I'm against it just for that reason alone. Another reason is I am sick of us taking other clubs players who are benched, problematic or have been forgotton, turning them round into the players they were and losing out because there clubs want them back. It's a mugs game that is and the top six and other clubs are reaping the money rewards because clubs like ours will do this for them.

On a business level we now need to own our own players, on a playing level we now need to own our own players, we need to move on from the way we operated in the championship. In the championship we would of struggled without the loans, in the premier we can easily put a squad together and I'm sure Smith and co will sort out cohesion before season starts.

No matter what anyway were going to have teething problems, we've got two many players to bring in for there not to be, but better they are our players than another clubs.

Id take one or twoloans in for another year to help cement our place in the Premiership.  This season is going to be very difficult.  Our squad is starting virtually from scratch, if means helping us stay up for a year then so be it. 

Long term, then yes i totally agree, no loans unless view to buy.

• Like 1

I will say this: we have a core already here, a few guys like Grealish, Mcginn, Hourihane who I think we settle things rather quickly for incoming players. We have seen many Loaners come in and quickly adapt to life at Villa all because of how they bond with the likes of the above mentioned.

I don't think we have to worry around Villa anymore and I think it's in good hands in respect to players joining and quickly being embedded into the squad. We are now at the top level where players we are buying are at there most professional, we pull in the right players and they pretty much gel into the team.

We have to many great characters at Villa now who just ease things for newcomers and I'm not worried about cohesion as some are. Not worried at all about it as I expect we may struggle for some games it's to be expected, it will quickly come together with the level of professionalism running through them.

I bet Jota is already feeling at home with Smith again, it wouldn't surprise me if already he has been on some nights out with the remainder of the lads who are still with us.

28 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Kind of agree.

Saw an article about Tammy today, and was thinking you know what, if we could get him in on loan again, would add some great strength to the striking department without breaking the bank!

Also gives him another year here, and perhaps a higher possibility of wanting to join full time.

Also provided he performs obviously.

However the flip/negative side of that is what is happening with Mings for example.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I hate them with passion.  Always have. Unless you have a clause giving a buy option it's just a bad alternative to me. I'd honestly rather play Doyle Hayes than borrow a midfielder we can't keep if developed. 

Even if borrowing a midfielder this season will keep us up or playing Doyle Hayes getting us relegated.  Thats basically what it boils down to.  We have no squad, need to build it up somehow and that wont be fully done this summer

14 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Makes no sense.  Much more important to survive in the Premier League than care about developing another teams' player.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yeah agreed, This approach hasn't done the dingles any harm over the last couple of seasons. 

Taking advantage of the loan system in the right way can only be advantageous in my opinion. 

Edited by Kingman

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Makes no sense.  Much more important to survive in the Premier League than care about developing another teams' player.

Ok would you Loan Gardner back from city then, develop him shall we??? didn't think so 🤔

• Confused 1