Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Ampadu is an absolutely fantastic talent, has a head on his shoulders that is much older than 18 based on how he reads and understands the game. But I'd have absolutely no interest in a loan, has to be a straight transfer or a loan with an option buy, we shouldn't be in the business of giving experience to other team's talented players.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sne said:

Brighton in talks with Trossard, we really should try and gazump them if he's willing to move there.

We need to do this just for the potential song!

The Seagulls don't like it,

Gazumpin the Trossard,

Gazump the Trossard,

The Seagulls don't like it,

Gazumpin the Trossard,

Gazump the Trossard

I like the Allez, Allez, Allez song as much as the next guy, but this is going to be a classic!  hahaha

• Like 1

Maybe Ampadu can be our version of Dortmund signing Jadon Sancho away from Man City: highly-rated young talent who doesn’t see a path into the first team. I’m sure last year was frustrating for him, if he’s ambitious he might just ask for a move.

• Like 1

I’ve watched Amapdu a fair bit for wales, he’s a defensive midfielder not a centre back.

Class act but still raw and makes mistakes you’d expect a young player to make but which can be crucial given his position in front a defence.

11 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Where did the Dunk rumours come from? Have we been linked or is it just a wishful thinking kind of thing?

Linked to him by The Sun, so I'm not reading into it too much. If he does leave Brighton, I'd imagine Leicester would be the more likely destination, especially if they end up selling Maguire

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Amazed at people being so completely against loans. We need a squad for the PL and are currently very light. 

I'm against developing 'top' side's talented players. Ampadu probably isn't ready to start regularly at this level anyway. Wouldn't have anything against a loan signing who can go straight into the first team (e.g. like Snodgrass two seasons ago).

16 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Amazed at people being so completely against loans. We need a squad for the PL and are currently very light. 

If you can afford to buy players then that should be the preference (unless it's loan to buy). Not only are you helping your competition out by developing their players you usually have to pay 2-3 million as a loan fee. This could be used for permanent transfers. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Where did the Dunk rumours come from? Have we been linked or is it just a wishful thinking kind of thing?

Strikes me as a total nonsense, doesn't play with the ball very well so can't see him fitting into Smith's philosophy. Most of the press seem to be clueless when it comes to our targets, hence why Wesley came out of nowhere.

23 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Strikes me as a total nonsense, doesn't play with the ball very well so can't see him fitting into Smith's philosophy. Most of the press seem to be clueless when it comes to our targets, hence why Wesley came out of nowhere.

Seriously where have you got this from?!

He plays absolutely fine with the ball. 

Edited by Tommo_b
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Seriously where have you got this from?!

He plays absolutely fine with the ball. 

In my opinion, he’s the best centre back we could attain currently, same goes for Butland as a keeper

• Like 1

Dunk is being linked with a £40m move to Leicester, presumably as a replacement for Maguire, so he wouldn't come cheap. Personally I think it would be fine to loan back Tuanzebe even without an option to buy, it will mean we will have had him for three seasons in a row, would have been like a signing for us anyway over the course of that time.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Dunk is being linked with a £40m move to Leicester, presumably as a replacement for Maguire, so he wouldn't come cheap. Personally I think it would be fine to loan back Tuanzebe even without an option to buy, it will mean we will have had him for three seasons in a row, would have been like a signing for us anyway over the course of that time.

Tuanzebe or tammy would be the only players I'd want in on loan now, only for the reason of continuity; Pointless otherwise!