Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

House 2-4m, Mings 12-15m, El Ghazi 5m. Thats around 20m gone.

How much will Kodjia go for? Adomah has his contract finishing same with Hutton and Jedi. How much can we get out of Hogan, Lansbury, Thor. I can’t think of more than 5-7m for those 3.

If we can get something around 7m for Kodjia too. Maybe we can have 14-16m shifting our players. Getting them out of the wage bill (with McCormack) and those who are at their end of contracts. 

That would free up a good space. (Maybe I’m still think in a championship way, or a Lerner way), but its always good to be careful. The issue is we will not have and squad depth at all. 

Who will we have as a senior players excluding those?

Steer, Kalinic, Nyland

Chester, Elmo, Taylor, Bree, Guilbert.

Grealish, Hourihane, McGin

Green

Davis

(O’hare, RHM, Ramsey).

That would need a huge work. Maybe we’ll need more than 11 players. We’re not as established as Wolves or Fulham last season nor Norwich or Sheffield.

Especially when most of our starters are loans and would be considered as signings.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Now thats a bloody healthy pay chewue for the play off finals, damn thats mint and we have some fine minted Owners to go with it, if anyone can compete its us..

Am I reading that right 340 million over two years WTFOMG 😛😮😲🤑

""Aston Villa will reportedly pocket at least £170m after their win, including a cash boost of £95m just for playing in the Premier League, and parachute payments of £75m - paid out over the next two years.""

https://news.sky.com/story/aston-villa-promoted-to-the-premier-league-after-play-off-win-11729617

Hate to burst your bubble but you're reading it wrong. Would be 175m over three years if we played one season in the prem then got relagated for two years in the Championship.

But if we stay up 95m a season is not too shabby. Would have covered our wage bill under MON if I remember correctly...

Edited by Vancvillan

12 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

i'd like see us go for Jayden Bogle  of Derby! Impressed me yet again yesterday. only 18 too. 

I think he's a good player but had a bad game yesterday. Lost El Ghazi for the goal, lost his duel with him too and also missed a cutback for Waghorn to possibly make it 2-1. I think RB will be the least of our concerns as well 

Edited by VillaAlex

6 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

i'd like see us go for Jayden Bogle  of Derby! Impressed me yet again yesterday. only 18 too. 

Agree, really liked the look of Bogle, but with a right back already on the way, it’s unlikely we’ll go for another.  For me:

Try and sign all the loan players

Celtic left back (forgot his name) or James

Hayden, Aribo and J.Milner 😉

Kent or Wilson

In addition to Abraham, add Mitrovic.  

Reckon that’ll do until January! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Kieran Tierney.

I'd go for Bogle to challenge Guilbert as i don't feel Bree is good enough (i'd loan Bree out again to see how he does as he could improve). We need a squad so least 2 players challenging for every position one more experienced player to start and a younger prospect like Bogle. Just my view of course. UTV

Edited by Villan4Life

4 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Agree, really liked the look of Bogle, but with a right back already on the way, it’s unlikely we’ll go for another.  For me:

Try and sign all the loan players

Hayden, Aribo and J.Milner 😉

Kent or Wilson

In addition to Abraham, add Mitrovic.  

Reckon that’ll do until January! 

I'd love see Mitrovic here.

Love us to try for Sebastian Haller now too as well as we need a few strikers and i don't personally  think Chelsea would sell Tammy.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Kieran Tierney.

I'd go for Bogle to challenge Gilbert as i don't feel Bree is good enough. We need a squad so least 2 players challenging for every position one more experienced player to start and a younger prospect like Bogle. Just my view of course. UTV

That’s him, couldn’t remember his name!  We do have Elmo, and I think he deserves to be in the squad next season at least.   I do like Bogle though.    :thumb:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

That’s him, couldn’t remember his name!  We do have Elmo, and I think he deserves to be in the squad next season at least.   I do like Bogle though.    :thumb:

Re: Elmos:- Bruce might bid for him :) you never know mate.. 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Haha 1

Tierney is an excellent left back for sure, would be a great signing. Can see him slotting straight into the team too.

Mitrovic is a good shout, though would prefer Tammy. Also Mooy from Huddersfield could be decent and Sessegnon from Fulham but reckon he'll go to a top six club most likely. Don't think I'd take anyone from Cardiff. 

There's a few decent players in the Championship that could step up to the Prem potentially - Maupay, Bowen, Janssen (Leeds CB), Mount and Wilson on loan at Derby (technically not theirs though). I'd also like us to use our scouting system in places like France, Belgium, Netherlands, Portugal etc and try to find the next Eriksen or Ronaldo. Wolves picked up Jota and Neves from Portugal, wonder if we can find similar players there.

Hopefully Guilbert coming at RB will be good, would like to see Elmo staying on as a backup option though (if he's happy with that role).

• Like 2

Really enjoyed accidentally going back to the first page of this thread and reading through the tone of where we were in Feb. Depressing times, though somehow made sweeter by what we know now. So glad we have at least a fighting chance of keeping Jack AND WE'RE BACK WHERE WE BELONG!

First job - Sign all the loan players

Then

LB - Sessegnon

CM - Hayden, Milner 

RW - Kent, 

ST - Mitrovic

Steer, Kalinic, Nyland

Guilbert, Elmo

Tuanzabe, Mings, Chester, Haus 

Sessegnon, Taylor 

Hayden, McGinn, Grealish, Milner, Hourihane 

El Ghazi, Kent, Green 

Abraham, Mitrovic, Davis, Kodjia

We need a starting lb, dm, rw and st. 

Then a few bodies in as squad players. 

Quite excited to see what we do

Signing sessegnon and mitrovic would be hilarious. Chin up fulham

Edited by DCJonah

If we keep the loan player we still need:

For me we need a new LB, Taylor has been good since March but we need cover. 

We need defensive MF to break up play, can we find another Gueye? 

I think we need a top class winger and this is where I would spend most. 

Then if we keep Tammy happy days, but if not the only way you stay in the Prem is goals. So a striker is essential. 

Busy summer ahead for DS. And a lot of money will need to be spent.