Weekends Football 22/24 February

andykeenan

12 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Sarri got it all wrong too. Two options - listen to the player saying he’s fine assuming the medical staff didn’t say he couldn’t walk, or wait calmly for the player to have his moment and get off the pitch. Lost his head.

This. Sarri needed to strap on a pair and enforce the substitution. No wonder the players have no respect for him. 

15 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

David Luiz said something to Kepa too. It certainly wasn't 'go off, the gaffer is saying so'

I am 100% convinced he is or is one of the poison players in the Chelsea dressing room

39 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Good pen that. Kepa now training on his own for 3 months

That was calculated, he knew that if Chelsea won he would be a hero and if they lost Sarri will probably lose his job.

Disgusting behaviour, really hope the keeper gets the book thrown at him........ but we all know what will happen!

I had no idea he cost that much, I thought he was just a random back up goalie tbf. In which case of course I guess so, but if I'm Sarri, I'm hunkering down and getting my pay off money. **** the club. Drop Kepa until the owners worry about their asset and bin the maanger

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Poisonous club Chelsea. 

Yep, the players just down tools when they’ve had enough of the manager. First Jose then Conte and now Sarri.

I’m convinced Hazard and Luiz play are large part in the revolt. 

17 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Sarri should probably walk away from the job at this point.

And miss out on a payout? I'd stay and drop the keeper from the squad 

24 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Sarri should probably walk away from the job at this point.

Nobody would ever walk away from the money he is entitled to in his contract. Ever. 

Edited by villa89

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Nobody would ever walk away from the money he is entitled to in his contract. Ever. 

Fernando Redondo would, but he's probably the only one to ever do something somewhat similar to that.

If only Micah Richards was more like Redondo...

WTF is going on at that club???

Why was the Chelsea captain not telling him to get off the pitch?

Why was Sarri being held back by another player from speaking to him after the final whistle.

Why did they cancel the substitution? They should have waited it out, injury or not. Sarri had the chance to stamp some authority and now looks like a massive mug. No going back from this now. 

Thats the most **** up situation I’ve ever seen. Could you imagine someone doing that to SAF??? If they did, they be sold immediately regardless of how much they cost. 

Sarri should tell the club to sack him, when they don’t he can push them for constructive dismissal.

Knowing Chelsea they’ll probably tell Sarri to apologise.

Edited by Genie

44 minutes ago, Genie said:

Knowing Chelsea they’ll probably tell Sarri to apologise.

Almost. Apparently it was all a misunderstanding..... 

this would've been more credible if Sarri accidentally tweeted the reason whilst his phone was still in his pocket....

How stupid do football clubs think fans are? (To be fair they continually take the piss and manage to get fans to part with their cash easily enough!)

• Like 1

It's funny, I'm not sure I blame Kepa that much.

He obviously takes some of the blame, but he was clearly desperate to stay on. And why wouldn't he be? He's played 118 odd minutes of a cup final and has a penalty shootout to come. Goalkeepers relish penalty shoot outs. He wouldn't want to play the whole game, keep it at 0-0 and then miss out on potential glory.

I put most blame on Sarri. They should have just stayed there with the board up and called him off until he came off. Then it would be billed as Kepa really wanting to stay on and eventually having to give in. had Kepa still refused then, then that's when I'd really be putting the boot in on him and blaming it all on him. But there was immediate confusion which just fuelled his desire to stay on.

The second they backed down and let him stay on was when the whole situation became absurd.

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It's funny, I'm not sure I blame Kepa that much.

He obviously takes some of the blame, but he was clearly desperate to stay on. And why wouldn't he be? He's played 118 odd minutes of a cup final and has a penalty shootout to come. Goalkeepers relish penalty shoot outs. He wouldn't want to play the whole game, keep it at 0-0 and then miss out on potential glory.

I put most blame on Sarri. They should have just stayed there with the board up and called him off until he came off. Then it would be billed as Kepa really wanting to stay on and eventually having to give in. had Kepa still refused then, then that's when I'd really be putting the boot in on him and blaming it all on him. But there was immediate confusion which just fuelled his desire to stay on.

The second they backed down and let him stay on was when the whole situation became absurd.

No one has come out of this well, we've all seen players getting subbed off and throwing toys out the pram like throwing your shirt on the ground and storming off down the tunnel. I think it would have actually looked better on kepa if he did one of those and made Sarri look like he's lost the dressing room in the process, instead kepa looks like a maverick and Sarri has no authority. 

Also David luiz is a massive tool, covering his mouth when talking to kepa. He would be straight out the door too cus there's no way he was telling him to leave the field. 

• Like 2

Â