Match Thread: Stoke v Villa

limpid

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

To some extent. Motivating players who won't be here or he doesn't want isn't a great indicator of what he can build long term

It's not everything, and I don't require the world. But I want something... something to believe in. Now, he's not giving me that. 

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Based on points picked up many months ago. We're firmly in relegation form and performances over the last couple of months. This is an absolute shitshow.

The horrible aspect about how the second half of the season is playing out is that the filth look like they could even make the playoffs. It's a bit of a long shot still but they have a chance and we will be much closer to the relegation zone than the top 6 if this carries on.

7 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Amazes me how many backed Bruce for so long yet Smith gets 5 minutes with players who aren't his and aren't suited to his style and he's getting slated for it. Grealish, McGinn, Chester, Axel all out. These are our top 4/5 players in this squad.

What do you want him to do? Turn Glenn Whelan and Hourihane into Silva and De Bruyne? 

Well, Bruce got us to the playoff final last season so sacking him during that run might have been a little, errm, hasty.

This season he got 11 league matches from the new owners before they sacked him. This is Smith’s 22nd and unless he turns things round this match, his record will be worse than the one Bruce got sacked for.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This is the story ALL the time.

Exactly what the hell do they do I’m training ?. WE have got worse as each week goes on. It’s all good saying we don’t have the players to play the way smith wants us to but a good coach can adapt and get the best out of what he has. SMiith is failing badly there

as I speak anoth r shocking pass by mings

Just now, briny_ear said:

Well, Bruce got us to the playoff final last season so sacking him during that run might have been a little, errm, hasty.

This season he got 11 league matches from the new owners before they sacked him. This is Smith’s 22nd and unless he turns things round this match, his record will be worse than the one Bruce got sacked for.

Bruce failed with a great squad so it would have been a fine decision. 

Smith is using the mess left behind. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, romavillan said:

That is incredible isn't it? 8 from 11 is insane, then the fact that the other 3 only have a year left is just as mental. This summer is huge.

so based on that many questions can be raised....one is, it most likely that next season will be a right off too as teams need time to gel.

I just hope the owners stay interested.

22 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

People already want him sacked. He does have something to lose. Throwing in kids who aren't ready just for the sake of it would be a pointless and desperate move.

I don’t want him sacked, I just hoped he could see the obvious. I think he would be able to get us to play some proper football, we have seen that, just not with players like Whelan and Adomah in the team. Even Smith should be able to see that.