Ratings & Reactions: Stoke v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/02/19 at 23:59

2 hours ago, briny_ear said:

We already know that from what he did at Brentford.

Incidentally, 15 points from 11 was quite rightly a sacking offence. Quite interesting you think 30 from 22 is an “improvement”.

That made me chuckle.

EDIT: Forget it

Bruce 1st season with us were horrendous as well, but the man did manage to take us into a play off final the season after.

I don't think DS will manage to achieve anywhere near that. He will make us play the Brentford way which will make us very vulnerable at the back and most likely concede 50+ goals. I think we will finish around 9th next season if DS is in charge.

7 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Bruce 1st season with us were horrendous as well, but the man did manage to take us into a play off final the season after.

I don't think DS will manage to achieve anywhere near that. He will make us play the Brentford way which will make us very vulnerable at the back and most likely concede 50+ goals. I think we will finish around 9th next season if DS is in charge.

Smith would be getting better results with Grealish Johnstone Terry and Snodgrass I'm sure

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Smith would be getting better results with Grealish Johnstone Terry and Snodgrass I'm sure

Yet with such riches it still took a freakish half season from adomah to save Bruce's job!

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 1

A point gained and hopefully will lead  to some wins before the end of the season. Be good to go into that with some  positivity and to look like we have some plans in overhauling the squad. Because it will be basically a entirely new side come August. 

Edited by The Fun Factory

On 24/02/2019 at 08:13, Nigel said:

Yet with such riches it still took a freakish half season from adomah to save Bruce's job!

When a player played well for Bruce it was "freakish".

When a player plays well for Smith or anyone else it's the manager getting the most out of them.

Weird that.

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

When a player played well for Bruce it was "freakish".

When a player plays well for Smith or anyone else it's the manager getting the most out of them.

Weird that.

I get the general point Stevo, but it doesnt work here. 

Adomah has never got close to the form he had that half season, including the other 3 others he had with Bruce.

18 hours ago, privateer said:

:crylaugh: Three pages of R&R after 24hrs? Damn that's a level of apathy I don't remember even during the worst days of any time in my time here.

It's a draw away at stoke!

Did you expect a DVD?

• Like 1

Pleased with the performance from the highlights. Superior chances fell to us. Assured on and off the ball. We allowed them those first few minutes which has been costly.

People on here bemoan the quality of the division we're in. Stoke have a side, midfield in particular, that has Premier League quality and they can't crack the top half of the table.

I'm looking forward to the Derby match. I'm not going to let the disappointment of spending another season down here stop me from enjoying a game.

I reckon we might just get the win. And gee willikers are we due one!

On 23/02/2019 at 22:34, MaVilla said:

for real?

From the radio commentary I was listening to it was wave after wave of Villa attacks start of second half. Had them on the racks. 

This reaction doesn't surprise me at all. 

Edited by sidcow

Â