The Funny T Nebulous Independent Group Oxy Morons

ml1dch

1 minute ago, PompeyVillan said:

Surely they would be desperate for a general election, so that they can begin the revolution?

They aren't ready for a general election. They're barely ready to be a party.

Plus in an individual level I'd hazard a guess a few are worried about their seats. They need to be prepared to bet that THEY are popular in their seats, and not just their former parties.

A bad election could kill them in their cot.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chindie said:

They aren't ready for a general election. They're barely ready to be a party.

Plus in an individual level I'd hazard a guess a few are worried about their seats. They need to be prepared to bet that THEY are popular in their seats, and not just their former parties.

A bad election could kill them in their cot.

Happened to a lot of the SDP defectors in '83

14 hours ago, bickster said:

Do you mean the scheduled European Elections? The last thing this country needed was a General Election and even Corbyn likes to point out that you vote for a person not a party. (And this shouldn't be read as some sort of tacit support for the TIG)

No-one seems to have called for Frank Field to have a by-election or Jared O'Mara, why is that?

Allow me to go on record saying I would love it if Frank Field and Jared O'Mara (and Fiona Onasanya, come to that) quit and there were by-elections. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Allow me to go on record saying I would love it if Frank Field and Jared O'Mara (and Fiona Onasanya, come to that) quit and there were by-elections. 

You loving it is hardly the same thing though is it. Fiona Jailbird is a different matter and a situation I do think should trigger a by-election (Same for the Tory from Brecon and Radnorshire whose name escapes me for a minute)

1 minute ago, bickster said:

You loving it is hardly the same thing though is it. Fiona Jailbird is a different matter and a situation I do think should trigger a by-election (Same for the Tory from Brecon and Radnorshire whose name escapes me for a minute)

Yes, MP's who get criminal convictions shouldn't be able to continue. 

O'Mara should step down from being an MP. It's hard to say it, and I really wish I wasn't saying it, but I think the evidence is very clear that he's incapable of doing the job adequately. 

Field I'm on the wind-up with. I just don't like the bloke, which is obviously not a reason for him to step down. 

Surely as the only deal the EU have agreed, the only thing that can be put on the ballot would be May's deal, up against remain. That seems like a much better referendum to me where people know what they're voting and campaigning for this time. I think it's a sensible position to hold. 

• 3 weeks later...

Oops

New centrist party Change UK was dragged into another racism row on Tuesday after it emerged one of its candidates had made derogatory comments about Romanians.  

Ali Sadjady, a former Tory who was unveiled by the new group as a candidate for London in the European Parliament on Tuesday, was accused of joining in “hate speech” against EU citizens.

It has also emerged that he has a history of making potentially sexist comments about women

It's just one of those tinge.

Change UK has been dragged into yet another racism row after one of its candidates was accused of pedalling “anti-Muslim tropes” and “legitimising the far right”.

Nora Mulready, who is standing for the party in the coming European parliament elections, had conflated Islam with terrorism, suggesting it was a “fallacy that Islamism is nothing to do with Islam” and that radical Islamism could be “Koranically justified”.

In separate comments she also said the concerns of far-right leader Tommy Robinson should be addressed because he had “hit [a] societal nerve and that needs to be acknowledged”.

On 24/04/2019 at 19:14, peterms said:

It's just one of those tinge.

Nora Mulready, who is standing for the party in the coming European parliament elections, had conflated Islam with terrorism, suggesting it was a “fallacy that Islamism is nothing to do with Islam” and that radical Islamism could be “Koranically justified”.

Is she wrong?

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Cringing so hard the cringe quota for the rest of the century might have been used up.

just look at the way she slowly places her hands on the lectern to a pitter patter of applause like she’s Nelson Mandela

Â