The Funny T Nebulous Independent Group Oxy Morons

ml1dch

19 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

So assuming the Tory leavers join the party ,  will these Indie members be voting on matters in parliament  in unison with each other or independently  ?

I'd have thought they'd vote individually, at least for a while before they grow into a proper party.  I actually like the thought of moderate pro Europe tories and Labour creating a new party, but then I wonder why I never voted Lib Dem. 

2 hours ago, peterms said:

Actually, it's taking the words of Joan Ryan and others caught on camera seriously.  You, on the other hand, seem to dismiss it because you disapprove of the person who circulated it.  Very odd.  Look at the evidence, don't pretend it doesn't exist because you dislike the channel of dissemination.  Did you actually watch the films in question?  Do you think they are fabricated?

Did you not see my post?

I wrote;

Joan Ryan is a right wing populistic nutter. Asa Winstanly is a left wing Rothchild conspiracy theory loving propaganda machine.

Most people have seen the video and think she's just as silly as Corbyn appearing on Iranian TV talking about how lovely the regime over there is and taking cash for it. The difference is that one is in a group of idiots sprinkled in with some genuinely abused Jewish PM's while the other one is the leader of the opposition party.

Edited by magnkarl

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Ken Clarke's just said he knows of another half a dozen that are preparing to jump ship. That'd end the majority. 

We could sleepwalk our way into a no deal Brexit because the lack of consensus in parliament. 

A few more defections could cause a general election, which could result in a hung parliament. 

Ugh, this is getting ugly. 

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Ken Clarke's just said he knows of another half a dozen that are preparing to jump ship. That'd end the majority. 

Knowing May's ability to just ignore every set back she'd probably just carry on.

And even if it sparked a GE, the not-Party is in no position to contest anything.

1 minute ago, blandy said:

I know tongue in cheek, but with both old parties being pro-Brexit and extremist, being against that is quite a good thing. I don't think these lot are the solution, but they're definitely not part of the problem, now.

I am struggling to see what they think they can achieve. I sense this whole thing makes a no deal Brexit more likely, which apparently would be the opposite to what they want. 

8 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

I am struggling to see what they think they can achieve. I sense this whole thing makes a no deal Brexit more likely, which apparently would be the opposite to what they want. 

Why, none of these would have voted for May's deal or No Deal, their votes on that issue will not change

8 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

I am struggling to see what they think they can achieve. I sense this whole thing makes a no deal Brexit more likely

I'm not entirely sure they are trying to achieve anything just yet.

Why do you sense no deal is more likely, PV?

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

14% of people would vote for a loose grouping of individuals they likely know very little about, with no idea of what they stand for?

:bang:

Dunno what you're talking about. They're the nudge nudge maybe no Brexit only casual racism when you're tired no Corbyns POLITICS IS BROKEN ANTI ANTI SEMITISM not Party.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

14% of people would vote for a loose grouping of individuals they likely know very little about, with no idea of what they stand for?

:bang:

is that a sign of how bad the other three main parties are perhaps?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, blandy said:

I'm not entirely sure they are trying to achieve anything just yet.

Why do you sense no deal is more likely, PV?

I don't really know to be honest. There's no majority for any sort of Brexit in parliament, and I feel this little breakaway is going to make a consensus less likely. 

Theresa May is stubborn enough to play the "My deal or no deal" game, so I think literally everything will be rejected and we'll leave with no deal. 

29 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I'm up for it.  I've already signed up to their website to receive emails and propaganda from them. 

I'm not falling for Corbyn's rabble-rousing again, and the changing shape of Labour will take years to get back close to anything matching my values.

Up here it's a CON/LD marginal seat so I vote Lib Dem just because I'll never vote Tory as long as I've got a hole in my arse.

I can't say I'd definitely vote for them, but I'm intrigued to see what they're going to morph into.  It needs a decent heavy-hitter like Watson, or ideally Starmer, to join up and front them.  I'd love to see Lammy and Thornberry get involved too.

There's not going to be a single MP who could leave their existing party without a load of "ah, but" stories.  That's kind of the point, though, that if they can align on some common values that the British public support they'll be able to make an impact.  It's got to be better than the **** mess we're in at the moment.

Same here. I have no appetite to vote Tories, probably ever, nor a Corbyn led Labour party.

I think this is bigger than people will realise, or try and play down. These are (edit) NOT fringe MPs in their parties.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I'm up for it.  I've already signed up to their website to receive emails and propaganda from them. 

I'm not falling for Corbyn's rabble-rousing again, and the changing shape of Labour will take years to get back close to anything matching my values.

Up here it's a CON/LD marginal seat so I vote Lib Dem just because I'll never vote Tory as long as I've got a hole in my arse.

I can't say I'd definitely vote for them, but I'm intrigued to see what they're going to morph into.  It needs a decent heavy-hitter like Watson, or ideally Starmer, to join up and front them.  I'd love to see Lammy and Thornberry get involved too.

There's not going to be a single MP who could leave their existing party without a load of "ah, but" stories.  That's kind of the point, though, that if they can align on some common values that the British public support they'll be able to make an impact.  It's got to be better than the **** mess we're in at the moment.

I agree with most of what you say. I'm interested to see what they're about. I certainly wouldn't go so far as to say I'd vote for them if there was an election today though!

Â