Match Thread: Villa v West Brom

limpid

Just now, Dave-R said:

Can't say that though because that isn't how it's worked as he didn't start at the start of this season, only next season can decide that.

You can't look at things like that, it does no good at all I don't think.

Hi sorry form speaks for himself. Not even di matteo and Bruce started this badly

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

If this is a project, its destined to fail. You all complain it's cause we are missing key players. We won't have them next season, an no one short of £40 million is going to replace Grealish. 

So where's the plan B????

Where's the coaching, the progress?

Its been like 3 months. It is literally impossible to change the culture of "pull your socks up lads and get out there and do your best" in that time.

You can see there are players who just cannot be coached into a modern style that Smith wants to play. You can't teach old dogs new tricks. Or you can, and then they quickly forget those tricks and revert to type.

Smith isn't a miracle worker and considering the gulf in tactical nous between Deano and old skool Bruce, with 90% of the team being players the latter signed to "do a job", then there is little surprise we are struggling.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I'm getting pissed off with the fans tbf. It seems that everything is demanded immediately and there's no allowance for time or bumps in the road. 

We have to get behind this project and so many people said that they were willing to but truthfully, they're not. 

What project? I don’t see any.

14 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Go home Villa, maybe we should have gone tits up in the Summer. I'd have got over the disappointment by now, but instead I'm disappointed several times each week. 

Shocking - Baggies to win 4 or 5

Interesting post.  🤮

1 minute ago, Chewie said:

Its been like 3 months. It is literally impossible to change the culture of "pull your socks up lads and get out there and do your best" in that time.

You can see there are players who just cannot be coached into a modern style that Smith wants to play. You can't teach old dogs new tricks. Or you can, and then they quickly forget those tricks and revert to type.

Smith isn't a miracle worker and considering the gulf in tactical nous between Deano and old skool Bruce, with 90% of the team being players the latter signed to "do a job", then there is little surprise we are struggling.

2 wins in 13. Struggle against the bottom half.

I agree this team cannot play the Smith way, but you have to have a plan B. If he could only play his way, we should have took him the end of the season, as he can do nothing with these players, proved!!

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hi sorry form speaks for himself. Not even di matteo and Bruce started this badly

One win in eleven for RDM wasn’t it? And zero wins in nine for Bruce at the same point in his career as Smith (seven defeats).

Regardless, I expect questions of Smith will be asked by the board.