The Biased Broadcasting Corporation

bickster

11 hours ago, blandy said:

Dem, the thing is, propaganda films from convicted criminals - (Fraud, wife beating, multiple assaults, contempt of court etc.) are about the absolute least honest, trustworthy thing you could use as a source of unbiased information, far worse than national broadcasters operating under OFCOM's rules. It's bonkers to even contemplate doing that. Why you'd want to even put that video on is beyond me - you're a lovely, kind bloke, I know. His poison is no valid comment or source of data, it's self promoting, "I'm the victim here" garbage of the worst kind.

Can I just verify, I am not a tommy Robinson supporter. My point was one instance of what the bbc have done. The point was how many others could the bbc have done this to, innocent people. The pint was bbc were corrupt. 

Like I said I am not a Robinson fan I think he designates hatred and it’s pathetic and that’s why we are seeing right wing stupidness. 

44 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Can I just verify, I am not a tommy Robinson supporter. My point was one instance of what the bbc have done. The point was how many others could the bbc have done this to, innocent people. The pint was bbc were corrupt. 

Like I said I am not a Robinson fan I think he designates hatred and it’s pathetic and that’s why we are seeing right wing stupidness. 

People sharing shite like that or anything else that Yaxley-Lennon puts out are why we are seeing right-wing stupidness. In fact I'm seeing right-wing stupidness because you put it on here

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

People sharing shite like that or anything else that Yaxley-Lennon puts out are why we are seeing right-wing stupidness. In fact I'm seeing right-wing stupidness because you put it on here

I am not sure if that was directed at me but if it wss can you show me where I have done this? 

Edited by Demitri_C

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

My point was one instance of what the bbc have done. The point was how many others could the bbc have done this to, innocent people. The pint was bbc were corrupt.

Seeing as most(all) of us are unlikely to watch the video it is hard to comment. As you've pointed out. I can see how to some that might seem a bit blinkered. However we have our reasons and they are clearly stated. We've found something we can agree to disagree on. But if there IS a point and we're letting our prejudice cloud our reason, then I can't help thinking there's an opportunity in what HV said, regardless of whether the video gets clicks or not or whether anyone does or doesn't support Y-L and his band of thugs.

12 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

if there's a single thing in it worth knowing it will be told somewhere else by someone who isn't a convicted fraudster and fascist thug

I assume that's you Dem and this is somewhere else....

What was it in there that you felt added to the debate on BBC bias? What have they "done"? What is it that innocent people need to be wary of the BBC doing to them? How were/are they corrupt?

One of the failings of the BBC is that it takes the press too seriously, in particular following whatever nonsense they have decided is the news story of the day.  The Today programme, with its rigid and outdated schedule, has a "what the papers say" slot which looks at the print versions and the relative space they give to stories, as they might have in the days when their presenters did their basic newsroom training sometime last century.  Oddly, today they led with the Huffington Post, yet the mindset of being led by the printed press's determination of what's important remains.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah my post was about the bbc not what Tommy robinson represents. I've never once said I support what he says or does.... 

I know you don't remotely support his "cause", yet nevertheless, you "shared" (by posting it to a messageboard) Yaxley-Bellend's video. And so lots of other people could now look at it. That's how "sharing" works.

You took a video, posted by a racist dickhead criminal who makes all sorts of claims of being victimised and silenced and slurred by the main stream media, in part to make himself money - it's a one sided diatribe from a crook and you used it to criticise the BBC... for being a bit biased (or setting him up in his language).

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, blandy said:

I know you don't remotely support his "cause", yet nevertheless, you "shared" (by posting it to a messageboard) Yaxley-Bellend's video. And so lots of other people could now look at it. That's how "sharing" works.

You took a video, posted by a racist dickhead criminal who makes all sorts of claims of being victimised and silenced and slurred by the main stream media, in part to make himself money - it's a one sided diatribe from a crook and you used it to criticise the BBC... for being a bit biased (or setting him up in his language).

Yeah but my original point was that the bbc are corrupt. I'm not going to force anyone to watch him. No one has to I get that he is a horrible horrible person with his hatred and racist views against Muslims. However its not opinions in this video there is tonnes of evidence that the BBC set out to destroy him by making things up, setting him up. Whether he deserves that is a separate debate which I don't have a interest in as I couldn't care less about him. 

My point is whether it's Tommy robinson, or the Baker down the street the lengths the bbc will go to to destroy someone. They can do that to anyone. That's my point. There are probably many more instances of other people who are not a rocket polisher like Tommy robinson. 

They are proper and utterly corrupt as we all knew anyway but the video shows how far they went to. 

Edited by Demitri_C

Just now, VILLAMARV said:

how far they went to what?

Well if the small clip I saw is anything to go by, you never see the interviewer and the subtitles go over the person speaking because it's a "Covert video" from an "undercover reporter." seemed plausible for about half a second

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah but my original point was that the bbc are corrupt. I'm not going to force anyone to watch him. No one has to I get that he is a horrible horrible person with his hatred and racist views against Muslims. However its not opinions in this video there is tonnes of evidence that the BBC set out to destroy him by making things up, setting him up. Whether he deserves that is a separate debate which I don't have a interest in as I couldn't care less about him. 

My point is whether it's Tommy robinson, or the Baker down the street the lengths the bbc will go to to destroy someone. They can do that to anyone. That's my point. There are probably many more instances of other people who are not a rocket polisher like Tommy robinson. 

They are proper and utterly corrupt as we all knew anyway but the video shows how far they went to. 

The 'original point' is not being served by the video though. There is no reason for me to assume that a man who has been convicted of a crime of honesty (mortgage fraud) is honestly presenting his argument. There is no reason for me to believe that he is being honest about anything; dishonesty is an even bigger part of his character than racism is. 

If he is being misrepresented by the BBC in some meaningful way, then no he doesn't 'deserve' that, in the sense that nobody 'deserves' to be lied about in the media (though he's hardly a sympathetic victim). However, he is the absolute least likely person to persuade me of that case, and I'm certainly not going to pay him or promote his content (which is what accessing his video is). 

• Like 2

Sometimes with the BBC I see a headline that I feel I can answer in either one word or one sentence.

Todays offering

Why are Venezuelans seeking refuge in crypto-currencies?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47553048

Because the international community has been crushing their economy for 20odd years?

Also I like the image it conjures up of a little man hiding in a bitcoin

Â