The Biased Broadcasting Corporation

bickster

This morning’s Radio 4 vox pop was brought to you from.... Sunderland. I’ve missed a whole week of these so it was good to see how its all going.

Interviewed 7, of those, 4 were switching to the tories, 2 were switching to the Brexit Party, 1 sticking with Labour.

Approximately an 84% collapse in the Labour vote, suggesting 500 to 550 tory MP’s on Friday.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

And what bit of the incident made him think it was hundreds of people sent by taxi at the instruction of Labour head office?

what bit of the incident is where he's made any claim about hundreds of people sent by a taxi

again in a thread about lies and falsehoods people don't seem to understand irony

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

what bit of the incident is where he's made any claim about hundreds of people sent by a taxi

again in a thread about lies and falsehoods people don't seem to understand irony

Oh sorry, to be fair it was 2 very good but unnamed sources that saw the guy on a bike arrive in a taxi with hundreds of others from the labour emergency thug despatch depot.

Ugly scenes.

I guess one critical difference, I’m not reporting this for the BBC.

Out of curiosity, do you think she was lazy, incompetent or complicit?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Oh sorry, to be fair it was 2 very good but unnamed sources that saw the guy on a bike arrive in a taxi with hundreds of others from the labour emergency thug despatch depot.

Ugly scenes.

I guess one critical difference, I’m not reporting this for the BBC.

Out of curiosity, do you think she was lazy, incompetent or complicit?

I don't know who "She"  is , a minute ago you were saying it was the aide  that made this rent a mob story up  ..  do you want to start again ?

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

I don't know who "She"  is , a minute ago you were saying it was the aide  that made this rent a mob story up  ..  do you want to start again ?

Seriously?

You have no idea who the ‘she’ is in this story?

C’mon man.

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Seriously?

You have no idea who the ‘she’ is in this story?

C’mon man.

well of course I do ,  but I was using the ignorance to point out that your line of tack  changed rather than you addressing  the Johnson like whopper that you told :P

58 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

This morning’s Radio 4 vox pop was brought to you from.... Sunderland. I’ve missed a whole week of these so it was good to see how its all going.

Interviewed 7, of those, 4 were switching to the tories, 2 were switching to the Brexit Party, 1 sticking with Labour.

Approximately an 84% collapse in the Labour vote, suggesting 500 to 550 tory MP’s on Friday.

Polling suggests that LAB-CON switchers account for less than 5% of the total electorate, so it really is remarkable how easily vox-poppers manage to find them. They must have homing devices or something. 

18 minutes ago, Risso said:

Nowhere in my post did I say ’punched’. I see your powers of interpretation haven’t improved since your teaching days.

Ah but you did suggest that the aide might have thought he'd been hit, which then got relayed back to the Tory Bullshit & Deflection Regurgitation Machine and seemingly came out the other end as punched

So you were offering an alternative theorem about where punch came from.... (Thats the way to do it!)

Personal attack aside (mods?) resorting to both personal attacks and cheap pedantry (hit/punched) is fairly amusing really. Shows the depth of your argument.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, peterms said:

That tweet is more misleading than a LibDem Bar chart. For once I think that story is reasonably balanced. Why isn't he telling you that more LibDem adverts were flagged than Tory and whilst Labours figure was lower, it did have some

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

That tweet is more misleading than a LibDem Bar chart. For once I think that story is reasonably balanced. Why isn't he telling you that more LibDem adverts were flagged than Tory and whilst Labours figure was lower, it did have some

What he's referencing is this work looking at facebook ads and seeing which were found to be misleading, here.

It looked at several thousand ads.  It is a different piece of work from the total of 31 that were "flagged", which doesn't seem to indicate whether they were identified for review or found to be untruthful.

It looked just at every paid-for Facebook ad from the three main UK-wide parties run over the first four days of December:

for the Conservatives, it said that 88% (5,952) of the party's most widely promoted ads either featured claims which had been flagged by independent fact-checking organisations including BBC Reality Check as not correct or not entirely correct. The figure includes instances of the same claims being made across multiple posts. One example was that Labour would spend £1.2 trillion at a cost of £2,400 to every household, which was contained within 4,028 ads. Those sums are significantly higher than others' analysis of Labour's plans
    for the Lib Dems, it said hundreds of potentially misleading ads had featured identical unlabelled graphs, with no indication of the source data, to claim it was the only party that could beat either Labour, the Conservatives or the SNP "in seats like yours"
    for Labour, it said that it could not find any misleading claims in ads run over the period. However, it noted that the party's supporters were more likely to share unpaid-for electioneering posts than those of its rivals. It said one of these contained leader Jeremy Corbyn's disputed claim that a Tory-negotiated trade deal with the US could cost the NHS up to £500m a week by driving up the cost of medicines

17 minutes ago, peterms said:

What he's referencing is this work looking at facebook ads and seeing which were found to be misleading, here.

It looked at several thousand ads.  It is a different piece of work from the total of 31 that were "flagged", which doesn't seem to indicate whether they were identified for review or found to be untruthful.

So they've combined two different pieces of relevant work into one story. Sorry, this isn't one of those biased stories.

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

So they've combined two different pieces of relevant work into one story. Sorry, this isn't one of those biased stories.

The point being made is that the article states that 88% (5,952) of Conservative ads, and no Labour ads, were found to be false or misleading; and the headline presented the issue as being that political ads in general are misleading.

If you don't think that is a slanted presentation, I find that astonishing.

• Like 1

I saw a man put his coat on in town and in doing so, clocked a guy in the face.  The recipient reeled away a bit, and the bloke who did it didn't see him, so just walked off. 

Not political just made me smile.

7 minutes ago, colhint said:

I saw a man put his coat on in town and in doing so, clocked a guy in the face.  The recipient reeled away a bit, and the bloke who did it didn't see him, so just walked off. 

Not political just made me smile.

According to Kuenssberg ‘coat guy’ was seen getting off the Corbyn battle bus and repeatedly smashing a baby dolphin in the face.

I know which version I believe.

• Haha 1

Â