• Adomah
    • Abraham
    • Green (El Ghazi 59)
    • Elmohamady (Adomah 59)
    • Kodjia (Hourihane 86)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/02/19 at 15:00

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

‘He continues to play Adomah’

Who else should he play out wide? Green? El Mohamady? Are they better?

So many of you criticise the team selections and the manager yet we literally have no other options - the entire squad is garbage. 

Could play a formation without wingers or even give some youngsters a go ?

• Like 1

Not going to lie. I've been impressed with Brentford here. Their options off the ball were always there to receive and the delivery pass was good. Every player had an understanding of their role and every player for them in the final third backed themselves to take it to us and win the contest. They deserved it today.

As for us, we looked like a team that had accepted our place as the team on the back foot. Not good. Calls into question what the game plan was. I'm not quite sure what else to say.

• Like 1

It’s all about Grealish. I knew as soon as he got he got injured we would would struggle but other people said we’d be fine as we have enough decent players to deal with it. Everyone realised that when McGinn plays he links up well with Grealish, Hourihane links up well with Grealish, Abraham links up well with Grealish. Without Grealish we have no link in the middle and we have not looked like a team since he’s been out. Without Grealish we are not a team we just rely on the odd bit of luck or getting individual brilliance (as we did under Bruce). Most teams we have played since have looked like teams and we have not. Kalinic MOTM.

Edited by stegzy
  • Like 4

Just now, A'Villan said:

Not going to lie. I've been impressed with Brentford here. Their options off the ball were always there to receive and the delivery pass was good. Every player had an understanding of their role and every player for them in the final third backed themselves to take it to us and win the contest. They deserved it today.

As for us, we looked like a team that had accepted our place as the team on the back foot. Not good. Calls into question what the game plan was. I'm not quite sure what else to say.

We do have a talent for making other teams look like world beaters

• Like 2

When Whelan is our starting holding player we know we're going to leave Abraham isolated and sit deeper .... which Brentford loved.

Our best passage of play was for about eight minutes after half time when we pressed high and harried the opposition in their own half, Brentford didn't like it one bit. Unfortunately our guys can't don't have the fitness to play at this tempo for more than ten minutes.

Brentford deserved the three points. 

• Like 4

I honestly think Smith massively underestimated how shit this squad is. He's given players chances and then dropped them never to be seen again. I wonder in hindsight would he have taken the job knowing then what he does now?

• Like 1

When you get out pressed by a team who's better at it then you have to have a plan b. Not having Davies on the bench means we can't change to a different system unless we play Kodja and he doesn't play well as a provider . 

4 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

Could play a formation without wingers or even give some youngsters a go ?

Absolutely. Who we playing in midfield then? A diamond of Jedinak, Whelan, Hourihane and Mcginn? Maybe throw Bjarnasson in there for some added quality in the final third? Or maybe throw a 17yr old in there who’s never played in the first team.

When will people realise we have a crap squad of players.

I need to stop posting on here, it’s bad for my health.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Dean Smith at fault for missing sitters and assembling shit squad in 4 transfer windows

Spot on. Give him another few windows and he can fill the squad with stalwarts like Hause. :) 

• Haha 1

Did not watch as I knew what would happen.  Watched Spurs dismantle Dortmund and thought to myself we used to spank Spurs!

I watch us I throw something at the TV and get annoyed so bonus!

We have been shite for weeks I just hope when Jack is back we are at least competitive again as we have 3 more months of this shit!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I thought they looked a shadow of the team theyve been in previous seasons when we've been there. Same approach sure, but with inferior players.

Hence why i suppose they were 18th in the league.

We did very little to nullify them, which was epitomised by Adomah who wandered around for much of that first half looking like he was haunted.

Just now, LondonVillian said:

We do have a talent for making other teams look like world beaters

Championship is one of the best divisions in the world so it's no surprise that it has teams that will punish us if we're not ready and able to play our game.

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Out of interest, which are the players you'd be looking for us to keep?

From what we own, I'd keep Chester, McGinn, Davis and if we can, Grealish - but that's about it.

Agree with your four, although I fear that Jacks as good as gone at this point. 

I’d love to turn Mings into a permanent deal, not sure that will happen. 

Kalinic is turning out to be a good buy if he keeps going like he is.

id love for Green to work out too  

But you’re right, not too much to choose from

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Thing is, it wasn't entirely gutless. In defence, we were spirited, the back 4 did okay defensively. Full back support was poor, but that's what you get with Hutton and a center back played at left back.

We lost that game in midfield, where we were totally dominated yet again. I know McGinn is currently our best central midfielder and everyone's favourite, because he tries, but he's (almost) as culpable as anyone else. 

It's all too slow, too predictable and negative on the ball. We're so careless in possession, we could play our own under 23s and make them look good due to the lack of ability to keep the ball. 

Did you see the match stats of the game? That would say differently, The midfield is too slow apart from McGinn who is all over the pitch covering for the other midfielders, hourihane does absolutely nothing , full backs are crap, I could go on but Probly will be the same again sat

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Absolutely. Who we playing in midfield then? A diamond of Jedinak, Whelan, Hourihane and Mcginn? Maybe throw Bjarnasson in there for some added quality in the final third? Or maybe throw a 17yr old in there who’s never played in the first team.

When will people realise we have a crap squad of players.

I need to stop posting on here, it’s bad for my health.

It’s his job to get the best out of the players he has. Our midfield is rubbish. Why persist with trying to play through it? Play 4-4-2. Have Davis up top with Tammy playing off him. Play direct. Have Davis to hold up the ball whilst the support arrives from a rigid 4 in midfield who are otherwise sat behind the ball. 

It would be fairly rubbish to watch but would almost certainly garner more points than the crap he serves up every week. We could then adapt our style as we adapted the squad. Doing the same thing every week and failing every week is not good management. This guy has achieved nothing in the game and yet people talk about him like he is a Jedi! He is a mid table championship manager and guess what we are becoming!!!!!!!!!!! 

Â