Pre match thread

roonst83

Just now, Johnnyp said:

Meant to the professional ranks. Heard they were a few good clubs offering him terms. Was underage at viila wasn't he ?

Oh ok, I think so yes but can’t find anything to confirm, I thought you had a bit of inside info :(

4 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Anyone got a brief summary on Ramsey?

Not brief but:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jacob-ramsey-aston-villa-wiki-15778812

Jack Grealish and Callum O’Hare are the two most exciting talents to make the breakthrough in recent years - but there’s a new No.10 in town.

In Jacob Ramsey, Villa have a new leading light emerging from its renowned academy.

The 17-year-old, who joined Villa’s academy at the age of six, recently penned a ‘long-term’ first professional contract which illustrates the club’s willingness to invest in a precocious teenager.

Academy manager Sean Kimberley, who has overseen Ramsey’s rise from schoolboy to professional player, says: “If he continues to match his undoubted technical ability and eye for a goal with the desire and energy to reach the next level, he will have a bright future in the game.”

But why are Villa so excited about him?

Well, the numbers don’t lie.

Villa’s FA Youth Cup venture came to an end at Bournemouth on Friday - with Ramsey sent off just 10 minutes in.

Despite his dismissal, Ramsey was undoubtedly the star of Villa’s run to the fifth round with braces against Swansea City and Reading in rounds two and three respectively.

Ramsey - who hails from Great Barr and attended Barr Beacon school - showed off his skills, speed and goal scoring prowess to score a wondergoal against the Royals which went viral on social media.

That was no fluke, though. Ramsey has made a habit of finding the net this season with a further four goals in nine under-18 Premier League games. He’s also scored once in six U23 outings in Premier League 2.

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

DzTnYUyWkAA3rxw.png

Why Jedinak, even on the bench? He was terrible last time out.

And don't understand Adomah in lieu of Green.

Ramsey is an interesting choice. Don't think I have ever seen him play, even in the underage groups.

Hause in lieu of Taylor. Hope he plays well. Our back four is becoming more intimidating.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

And don't understand Adomah in lieu of Green.

With Hause at LB I think it's probably shrewd to put someone in front of him who will help with defensive duties