Pre match thread

roonst83

Be interesting to see what Smith does squad looked unbalance friday didnt need Jedinak Whelan and BB all in it.

Kalinic-Hutton-Mings-Elphick-Hause-Green-El Ghazi-Whelan-Hourihane-Mcginn-Tammy

Steer Elmo Taylor BB Ramsey Adomah Kodjia 

2-1 Villa Tammy and Hourihane free kick

I'm getting up to watch this one. Don't know what to expect as it's the first full match I'll have seen since QPR  at home, I think.

Despite the grumbles and the loss to Wigan, we have been in every contest, even since the drop in form took place.

I don't expect it to be a breeze but will be disappointed if we come up with anything less than victory here.

1 hour ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Time to catch, we seem to be leaving it a bit late

Need these three points

Yes I agree with you. 3pts minimum is needed tonight or it's curtains for 6th place imo.

With a few of the teams above us opening a wee gap points wise plus having a game in hand we need to keep in touch.

If we can win tonight and string a run together we can get back into contention then we keep the hope alive.

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No jedinak please 

Thats the trouble with buying ageing players, he was probably our 3rd best player in that first season down here (after Kodjia and Chester)

Now he looks like he's never played football and seems lost on the pitch out there.

• Like 2

I'm thinking Chester might not be risked straightaway, so for an away game where the opposition are really going to be up for it I would start with this:

Kalinic

Hutton          Elphick       Mings        Taylor

Whelan

Elmo               McGinn             Green 

El Ghazi (free role)

Tammy

Should Chester be fit, though I don't see how given he was struggling so long. I would go 3 at the back with Chessie in between the others, thus allowing me to drop the utterly out of form/confidence that is Taylor for Hutton as LWB ans Elmo as RWB. Elmo isn't good enough positionally for me as a pure RB but he will work back and help Hutton, same for Green who isn't a LWB but works back unlike lazy arse Kodjia

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

Dreading it. We never beat them anyway and Brentford are going to be well up for this. 

3-1 Brentford. 

Same here and agree.  Think they’ll play us off the park for most part and just can’t see anything other than a defeat.  

Two Jekyll and Hyde teams going up against each other on a Tuesday night in February?

My predictions will be bore draw, we get spanked, they get spanked, they win comfortably, we win comfortably, they sneak a win, we sneak a win or maybe it's a high scoring draw. 

You heard it here first.

Be interesting to see how McEachran plays though, given a number of VTers thought we should have picked him up in January.

3 minutes ago, choffer said:

Two Jekyll and Hyde teams going up against each other on a Tuesday night in February?

My predictions will be bore draw, we get spanked, they get spanked, they win comfortably, we win comfortably, they sneak a win, we sneak a win or maybe it's a high scoring draw. 

You heard it here first.

Be interesting to see how McEachran plays though, given a number of VTers thought we should have picked him up in January.

So wrong day and possibly any score possible!   What’s tonight’s lottery numbers mate?  Anything from 1-59 you reckon?  :flag:

15 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

So wrong day and possibly any score possible!   What’s tonight’s lottery numbers mate?  Anything from 1-59 you reckon?  :flag:

Wait, what? It’s not Tuesday today? 

Who knew? :blink:

Outside of that I think you’ll find my predictions will be spot on. :flag:

As for lotto numbers, well that’s a lottery. 

Edited by choffer
  • Haha 1