Pre match thread

roonst83

Brentford have the sixth best home record in the league whilst our away record is very similar to our home record...bang average. At best I can see another high scoring draw. 

I expect them to be full of energy in midfield in stark contrast to our lethargic approach. Not confident at all, in spite of our comeback. Fingers crossed I'm proven wrong.

I'm not. If w epaly like the first 79 minutes they will beat us. Of w eplay like last ten this will be a easy win. 

It's just if we show up. On our last two visits under Bruce we did not go at them hence why. But I expect on this occasion we will. 

Funny how sky have chosen this game three years in row and people still don't think sky don't like to see us lose. 

I hope we shove it down their throats 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Watkins v Taylor? If hause is remotely fit I would be wanting him there unless we move Hutton which I can't see smith doing.

I would even go with BB over Taylor for this game unless Taylor has his 1 in 10 half decent games.

Our lack of movement is worrying, I would even put adomah on the left to help out Taylor rather than green and maybe have green on the right instead of el ghazi.

They have movement and pace which we need to counter.

Be interesting battle of mings v maupay 2 tough battlers

Edited by brummybloke

THey will be well up for this, like always. Will be a good chance to see what tactics Smith will employ knowing this Brentford sides traits inside out. We need to be at it, they have been in great form of late. Im back to not expecting much, would kill for a solid professional away performance here. Cant see it though, they will play around us and win comfortably. 2-0 and season over I reckon. 

Annoys me that we can't play this game tonight. We have already had an extra days rest that most, so surely it would have made more sense.

West Brom now get an extra days rest due to tv fecking with the fixtures again.

It's impossible to say how we'll play at the moment. I'd like to see us try and keep the ball and press high when we haven't got it, but I think we're a bit scared to do it now after being burnt so many times. The alternative is going back to front as fast as possible but that will play inot Brentford's hands IMO. 

If we come out the blocks like we finished the game against the blades then who knows, we might be out of sight by half-time ;)

Interesting to see what DS does with his starting line up. Both Green and Whelan were good off the bench last day so expect both to start. I don't see Chester coming back in just yet so I don't expect too many more changes. Likely:

Kalanic

Hutton Elphick Mings Taylor

Whelan Hourihane

Green McGinn ElGhazi

Abraham

18 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Interesting to see what DS does with his starting line up. Both Green and Whelan were good off the bench last day so expect both to start. I don't see Chester coming back in just yet so I don't expect too many more changes. Likely:

Kalanic

Hutton Elphick Mings Taylor

Whelan Hourihane

Green McGinn ElGhazi

Abraham

Hourihane a DM?.....closer to a Goal Keeper.