Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Messy

refereeing standards sub standard?

I think there's just such a weird stigma about stuff that happens in the penalty area, especially around set pieces, that it just seems ridiculous when you look at them in isolation.

Like a lot of set pieces, if the above had happened in the centre circle it would 100% have been a foul. But refs are reluctant to give penalties. Which makes the heavy handedness in the box even worse, which makes the refs even more reluctant and it spirals out of control.

It's one of those things where the only way to really solve it is to just start giving them as fouls and have a few weeks of chaos as people get used to it. It'll never happen though.

14 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I think there's just such a weird stigma about stuff that happens in the penalty area, especially around set pieces, that it just seems ridiculous when you look at them in isolation.

Like a lot of set pieces, if the above had happened in the centre circle it would 100% have been a foul. But refs are reluctant to give penalties. Which makes the heavy handedness in the box even worse, which makes the refs even more reluctant and it spirals out of control.

It's one of those things where the only way to really solve it is to just start giving them as fouls and have a few weeks of chaos as people get used to it. It'll never happen though.

Yep. It was done in the WC and it was so effective and we've regressed back to this bullshit again.

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

#clearing in the woods 

What a prick. And this is one of England's best? Anyone who thinks that should be forced to bungy jump without a rope.

20190211_225926.thumb.jpg.ed1da75bc68fba7321b795ed6a1e640d.jpgHere is that still by the way. 

I saw a replay of their first goal and noticed there was none of this from our defenders. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AJ said:

What a prick. And this is one of England's best? Anyone who thinks that should be forced to bungy jump without a rope.

He really does think so highly of himself doesn't he. Representative for Wellingborough.

i find it hard to believe the Mings pull down was "missed" --by the clown officiating!--i just wonder what would have happened had it occoured in their box?---after all the ref and linesman "missed" Sharp being offside and interfering and the fact his studs were raised and Kalinic clearly had both palms around the ball!!---------probably a penalty no doubt!!!!!!

Sign in to follow this