Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Sheff Utd

limpid

Match Polls  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/02/19 at 23:59

Wow, football, marvellous, isn’t it

totally out hustled all over the park for 70 mins and then Sheff Utd got all jittery and gifted us a couple of goals.

Mings very good again, Elphick good, Hutton good. Tammy anon today but was feeding off scraps.

midfield poor again, said on Saturday that the lack of athleticism; physicality and intensity is very worrying and same thing again tonight, completely overrun. Passing was also woeful, jedinak particularly bad! 

lets hope this is the turning point. 

Oh and that ref can f*** right off

1 minute ago, New_Jersey_Villa said:

Glenn Whelan totally changed the game for me. Jedi couldn't pass a fart and we looked so much better when Whelan came on. (Can't believe I just said that)

Probably some of the worst officiating I've ever seen, not just their second goal, but the entire damn game!

Ecstatic it was Greenie who got the equaliser, welcome home Andre! 

Yeah, as soon as Whelan came on, we started playing the ball through the middle. I'm not sure how much this is Whelan being a good player, or Jedinak just having an absolute stinker. My sense now is that Grealish was helping to cover up the lack of quality in centre mid by coming deep for the ball. With him out, we've exposed how bad our DMs are. On current form, I think Whelan is our best option (I did think it would be Jedinak, but he just doesn't look remotely match fit or interested.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stockport_Villain said:

Before the game most people were asking for Kodja to start. We’ll from my point of view I hope he never starts again. No interest in the team only out for himself. No tracking back, and no desire to try and win the ball back once he’s lost it. I only hope Smith has seen this and the Hreen keeps for to keep him out.

As for Jedinak..............

If Smith has learnt anything I hope it’s that these two only ever start if we have a decimated squad.

The ref was a disgrace.

Couldn't agree more. Kodjia was terrible, stopped tracking back and when he had the ball I don't think he beat a single man with it. (When he remembered to actually take the ball with him)

Jedi your always going to fancy in aerial duels, but holy crap I'd love to see his passing percentage, it seemed like every attack broke down due to him.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MackHaakon said:

Wow. I did not believe they had the determination to return from the dead like that. I mean half the crowd has left and you're three nil down at home. And they keep pushing. They might not be excellent footballers but there is some desire in there. 

McGinn is just phenomenal. Thought the centre backs were good and Hourihane was running and trying.

But I thought actually Whelan came in and changed it for us. MOTM.

I actually thought that Whelan made a real difference as well, that’s the impact sub we’ve been looking for, lol.

Lost it in midfield again. Playing Jedi is fine but not when the donkey Hourihane is playing because that guy is bile which leaves just McGinn as any sort of creative force.

Quality from Mings again and Elphick did okay too but huge credit to Whelan simply because he had a great game face on as soon as he arrived - he passed the ball FORWARD (take note Hourihane) and he was encouraging and picking up everybody. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Stockport_Villain said:

Before the game most people were asking for Kodja to start. We’ll from my point of view I hope he never starts again. No interest in the team only out for himself. No tracking back, and no desire to try and win the ball back once he’s lost it. I only hope Smith has seen this and the Hreen keeps for to keep him out.

As for Jedinak..............

If Smith has learnt anything I hope it’s that these two only ever start if we have a decimated squad.

The ref was a disgrace.

I must say he did exactly what I wanted with the lineup as Adomah has been useless lately and Jedinak has looked great when he’s come on. Green has just come back from hamstring so Kodj was only option but after that performance I agree, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stegzy said:

I must say he did exactly what I wanted with the lineup as Adomah has been useless lately and Jedinak has looked great when he’s come on. Green has just come back from hamstring so Kodj was only option but after that performance I agree, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

totally agree, i was happy with the line up, didn't realise it would backfire that badly!

• Like 1

Â