Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Sheff Utd

limpid

Match Polls  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/02/19 at 23:59

Feels strange, because it feels like we didn't really deserve a point with that performance, yet with the dodgy refereeing decisions it seems the least we deserve. Need to play with the intensity we did in the last 15 minutes and actually go out and attack teams. Even though we conceded 3 thought Elphick and particularly Mings played well.

• Like 2

Just now, brummybloke said:

I'm no tactical genius but even I called at half time for green and Whelan (see match thread at half time)

Said we would lose 3 0 if we didn't make the change and only bothers when we 3 0 down.

Very very poor from Smith, he's going down every single week in my estimations 

Rubbish negative hoof ball until it's so embarrassing you have to change things ? Come on, you are meant to be progressive.

That is a bit harsh Mrs N'Zogbia

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

Great comeback. Three very good goals.

Not so great that they had to come back from 0-3. 

i’m afraid this match just strengthens my view that Smith won't get us much higher that top half of the Championship.

May be exciting to watch but it won’t get us promoted.

He might do when he has signed a few of his own players.

Give him a chance, Briny. 

Or should we just sack him now?

• Like 2

I must say they really looked like a team though, knew where people would be and what they would do and we have just been strangers ever since Grealish got injured, he almost made us look like a team on his own.

Wow. I did not believe they had the determination to return from the dead like that. I mean half the crowd has left and you're three nil down at home. And they keep pushing. They might not be excellent footballers but there is some desire in there. 

McGinn is just phenomenal. Thought the centre backs were good and Hourihane was running and trying.

But I thought actually Whelan came in and changed it for us. MOTM.

• Like 1

Just now, fightoffyour said:

Terrible result. Turned it off with 10 minutes to go, didn’t need to see anymore.

You've got to be on page one if you are going to do that joke. 😋

In all seriousness though, we were insipid for most of the game, we didn't really lay a glove on them until the first goal.  Credit to Smith is due for the substitutions,  Whelan was so much better at that midfield pivot role than Jedinak was and that opened the game up for us.  Didn't think much of Green's crossing but he was there when it mattered for the equaliser.   We can probably feel hard done by in the morning, certainly that's how I'd spin it at training if I were the manager because there was no way their second goal should have counted and we should have had at least one penalty.  A draw that feels like a win is never bad for morale. 

• Sad 1

Not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Shockingly embarrassing for 70 minutes....not sure either where that come back came from, seemed like they got tired ,so we started.

Its happened too many times to be a coincidence....this team of ours has some real issues.

Â