Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Sheff Utd

limpid

Match Polls  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/02/19 at 23:59

Despite the possession stats being in our favour....I thought they dominated the ball better than us, closed down better than us, passed the ball better than us, showed more urgency and tenacity better than us and showed better anticipation.

its a great comeback, but to ignore the previous 70 minutes is folly....we will go nowhere playing like that.

There were periods in the game it was embarrassing.

Whelan in particular and Green made a difference.....I have no idea what planet Kodjia is on.

• Like 2

Thats the 2nd time this season the ball has been knocked out of the keepers hands when he's had both hand on it. Jay Rodriguez punched it out of Nylands hands earlier in the season and it wasnt given.

Whilst I'm on the topic, its worth pointing out how many pelters Nyland got for that from you lot, yet when you're all being rational I don't see anyone blaming Kalinic for pretty much the same "mistake"

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stegzy said:

The refs in this league are beyond a joke, I’d say about 90% are absolute gash. They should definitely allow VAR in this league to make up for the pure turd on show. The difference between premier league refs and championship is ridiculous.

Absolutely they are shocking but why does it seem like all the decisions go against us it's like the refs have a vendetta with us

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

Our squad is easily in the top 6 in the league - anyone saying otherwise is delusional.

Smith tactics have been inept since xmas - yes ref was abysmal but so were we for 85m. 

Point merely papering over the cracks . 

Smith’s PPG for the whole season would have us in the top 6. And he’s had a much tougher set of fixtures. And we’ve been missing arguably the best player in our team,  or even the whole league, for much of that. And the refs have consistently shafted us.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 2

Just now, gaffer85 said:

Absolutely they are shocking but why does it seem like all the decisions go against us it's like the refs have a vendetta with us

It’s ridiculous, we can’t even take a quick free kick ever, seems at least half of our free kicks are bought back lately.

5 minutes ago, gaffer85 said:

I can't remember the last time we came from 3 goals down to get anything 

Its a nice feeling 

no idea, Must have been before the pemier league started anyway but I can think of two the other way around where we threw away 3 goal leads off the top of my head,  Leicester at home & Spurs away, both 4-1 up

Just now, stegzy said:

It’s ridiculous, we can’t even take a quick free kick ever, seems at least half of our free kicks are bought back lately.

Actually on this one the ball was ALWAYS rolling when they took it. It was actually just shite from Villa.

Ref was shite though for other reasons.

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

Actually on this one the ball was ALWAYS rolling when they took it. It was actually just shite from Villa.

Ref was shite though for other reasons.

That is true but it is the only one out of about 20 on the last few matches that was acceptable.

8 minutes ago, gaffer85 said:

It's almost like the EFL and Sky, who broadcast the matches and whose betting arm sponsors the league, have a vested interest in us and Leeds remaining in the Championship.

15 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Thats the 2nd time this season the ball has been knocked out of the keepers hands when he's had both hand on it. Jay Rodriguez punched it out of Nylands hands earlier in the season and it wasnt given.

Whilst I'm on the topic, its worth pointing out how many pelters Nyland got for that from you lot, yet when you're all being rational I don't see anyone blaming Kalinic for pretty much the same "mistake"

Nyland was making howler after howler on an almost weekly basis. He was standing up and in a position to come to the ball, hold it firmly, and deal with the challenge. It was such a soft goal to concede, regardless of the handball.

Kalinic was lying on his back and had to reach for the ball. It's not the same mistake. Agree, though, that Kalinic needs to put together a run of good games, or he'll soon become a target for the same abuse.

Edited by KentVillan

As for the game motm Mings by a country mile. 

We got lucky today. As happy as I am with the comeback it shouldn't be three nil down before we start playing that's pathetic. Bug Smith did some good subs today so olm give him credit. 

The ref was a pathetic joke. I hope we wrote a letter asking for him not to officiate our games as he seems to have a vendetta against us the bloody prick. 

Â