Match Thread: Villa v Sheff Utd

limpid

This is nothing like the style of football we saw when Smith arrived. Is that his choice or the players? 

I had Jedinak to get booked - he has. Why? He's slower than me when I'm pissed! I had Dowell to score anytime, why? Because he's in the vicinity of Jedinak and Hourihane do will probably get enough chances to score. 

I had Sharp to score. He's on fire and playing against a weak defence so it's a no brainer.

Villa are so predictable it's embarrassing. I miss the football we saw when Smith came here. 

Just now, tomav84 said:

3 in midfield and 2 aren't good enough...you cannot win football matches when that's the case

It okay we've got Bjarnason and Whelan to come on should we need them. Players of immense quality and physical prowess. 

• Sad 1

We are neither one thing nor the other, back line is 10-20m deeper than Smith's first games. 

You can't attempt to play pressing and positive with the such a big gap between the midfield and defence just opens up all this space they are exploiting!

All the defensive frailties with none of the attacking benefits. 

1 minute ago, penguin said:

We are neither one thing nor the other, back line is 10-20m deeper than Smith's first games. 

You can't attempt to play pressing and positive with the such a big gap between the midfield and defence just opens up all this space they are exploiting!

All the defensive frailties with none of the attacking benefits. 

Thing is, were not actually pressing. We played Jedinak in the hope we could press them high and get them to boot it for Jedinak to win all the headers. 

As it is, we're not laying a glove on them and they're passing through our midfield.