Match Thread: Villa v Sheff Utd

limpid

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Why should we be above Bristol City? Would Hourihane, Taylor, Hutton, Jedinak, Whelan, Elphick and Adomah get in the Bristol City team?

Adomah, Hourihane and elphick would walk into the team - look at elphick at Hull looked great.

Under smith looks like toilet, must be bruces fault.

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

We've gone backwards in those 3 months though, BOF.

We won some games with great performances, then we started shipping goals and drawing, and now we just ship goals.

I know, but going from Bruceball to Smithball will always have pain involved. And for the majority of it we were chopping and changing the centre backs. We'll go backwards to go forwards. But if fans are always baying for blood then we'll never go anywhere. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Sheff Utd have had their manager 3 years. We've had ours 3 months. Some of our fans need to cop on to themselves.

Sheffield United appointed wilder in a pre season and got promoted the following season. If he didn't, he wouldn't be there. You don't give 3 years just because..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

Sheff Utd have had their manager 3 years. We've had ours 3 months. Some of our fans need to cop on to themselves.

Or maybe our manager is a bit shit.

Playing the same formation that hasn't worked for nearly 3 months.

3-0 down at home and not making a sub till 70 minutes, and then bringing on a defensive midfielder.

Let's be honest, he just isn't up to the task.

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

Whilst I understand the point we have clearly regressed and seem to be getting worse each game. I'm not Smith out but he certainly deserves criticism, 2 wins out of 12 is horrendous.

• Like 1

Just now, BOF said:

I know, but going from Bruceball to Smithball will always have pain involved. And for the majority of it we were chopping and changing the centre backs. We'll go backwards to go forwards. But if fans are always baying for blood then we'll never go anywhere. 

I’ve not seen an enormous amount of baying for Smiths blood. Just pointing out that we’re shite, and getting worse.

Just now, BOF said:

Problem is Smith is playing Bruceball and has been for about 6 weeks now.

• Like 1

Just now, LondonVillian said:

Adomah, Hourihane and elphick would walk into the team - look at elphick at Hull looked great.

Under smith looks like toilet, must be bruces fault.

Adomah and Hourihane would walk into the Bristol City team?! 😂

I bet you couldn’t even name three Bristol City players.

Youre right though, just because we haven’t heard of other teams players, it means we should definitely be better than them because we spent so much money on ours! 

They should give you the job mate, we’d be above Sheff Utd by now and fighting for automatic!

Just now, BOF said:

I don't want blood, I just want to see the basics getting better.

He can't be blamed for misplaced passes, but if we concede a goal a game through zonal marking at set pieces then we're always going to struggle.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BOF said:

The "Smithball" we've seen for the last couple of months has been as bad as anything Bruce ever served up. If not worse.

• Like 3