Match Thread: Villa v Sheff Utd

limpid

2 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Agreed. He gets crucified for bringing on Whelan, but what's he gonna do? There just isn't anyone better available. We need to be patient. 

Same here...  I keep seeing comments blasting Smith for continuing to play Hutton & Taylor.  As shit as Hutton is, he's still better than Elmo, and we don't have another LB in the squad, unless he plays Mings there.  We have no backup for Grealish in the center of the park and we have a plethora of shit CMs who are equally as useless as the next (Jedi, Whelan, Thor, Lansbury, etc.)  Our wingers are one dimensional and apart from running at one defender, they can't do anything else.  

• Like 1

WTF happened to the possession, patient build up play Smith started off with? We can’t keep possession in the last third and just hoof it out of our first third. It’s dreadful.

Its terrifying that so much of our creative attack play goes through Hutton.

1 minute ago, penguin said:

And on the flip-side of the same coin theres been plenty of people calling anyone who dares criticise Smith idiots because it's all Bruce.

It's a bit of banter on a footballing forum at the end of the day is there a "point" to any comment? 

We are not allowed our own opinion apparently (no sarcasm or point scoring intended)

5 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Thank you, maybe I articulated my point poorly but now I'm being called sarcastic and a point scorer..... We did nothing to stop the situation getting to the point where Sharp kicked it out of the goalies hands..... we were hapless

That’s the second goal. The initial conversation was about the first goal.

2 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

Above Bristol City, Hull, Bluenoses  and all the other shit teams who are going to overtake us tomorrow. 

Should be easily in the Playoffs pushing the top two not way off the pace with no hope of the play offs.

Why should we be above Bristol City? Would Hourihane, Taylor, Hutton, Jedinak, Whelan, Elphick and Adomah get in the Bristol City team?

Just now, NorthernGordon said:

It's the players, they're just happy to pick up their wages.  

A prime Alex Ferguson circa 1995 sent from a time machine could manage these players and get nothing out of them.

Agreed.

But don’t tell half the people in this thread, that.

A lot of them think we should be in the top 2 with our amazing squad of hungry world beaters.

• Like 1