Match Thread: Villa v Sheff Utd

limpid

2 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

You’re right let’s get a manager who’s no nonsense, a record of getting teams out the division and a head like a **** potatoe. 

Oh wait! We tried that and ended up nearly being liquidated didn’t we?

This is bad but have a bit of faith, the early performances we saw could become regular with time, new additions and lots of people being shipped out.

We played well in about 3 games when Smith came in, been dogshit every week other than that. 

1 minute ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Perfect game for them to go top really, against an very poor villa team, 

Let’s be honest we are easy opposition and beating Aston Villa makes them look good as they “ Go top” as all the headlines will read. 

🙄

Don't worry, the longer we stay in this tinpot league the less of a big  scalp we are.

Just now, jim said:

I would believe that if I saw signs of improvement over the last half dozen games. The fact is, we haven’t and I don’t have any faith Smith can turn this around. Even with his own players. 

Why would really bad footballers improve? Especially when they’re 32-35? 

Sorry, I’m confused. Should Taylor, Hutton and Jedinak suddenly have become world class players under Smith? 

Would they under your tenure? 

BRUCE LEFT US IN THIS MESS. 

Villa fans are embarrassing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jim said:

I would believe that if I saw signs of improvement over the last half dozen games. The fact is, we haven’t and I don’t have any faith Smith can turn this around. Even with his own players. 

Fair enough, I think we’ll see major improvement when we’re back at full strength. 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Why would really bad footballers improve? Especially when they’re 32-35? 

Sorry, I’m confused. Should Taylor, Hutton and Jedinak suddenly have become world class players under Smith? 

Would they under your tenure? 

BRUCE LEFT US IN THIS MESS. 

Villa fans are embarrassing.

They don’t need to be world class. This is the Championship in case you hadn’t noticed. This squad of players is more than good enough to get into the top 6. 

4 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

So no fullbacks in the world available ?

Not at good prices. The January transfer window is a rip off. We sorted out the most critical problems - GK and CB - that would have the biggest impact on results. Hutton and Taylor will do for the rest of the season, and then we can get someone at a fair price in the summer. We found one fullback, but presumably loaning him back for half a season was part of the deal.

• Thanks 1