Racism Part two

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, PaulC said:

Don't see any mention of what happened at Brixton last night. Disgraceful behaviour. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-53176472

Twenty-two police officers have been injured during clashes at an illegal street party involving an estimated 400 people in south London.

Two officers and two people at the party were taken to hospital following the "unlicensed music event" in Brixton on Wednesday night.

19 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Don't see any mention of what happened at Brixton last night. Disgraceful behaviour. 

Go for it, give us your take on how this ties in with the racism debate.

It’s not for other people to do your posting up of ideas or comments, that’s not really how it works, but you’re the second person in days to try this trick.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

What's the relevancy to Racism? 

Don't know if theres any relevance to it. Couldn't see it mentioned on any other thread when its quite major news. From the looks of it, it involved mainly young black people but its hard to tell from the poor quality videos. 

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Don't know if theres any relevance to it. Couldn't see it mentioned on any other thread when its quite major news. From the looks of it, it involved mainly young black people but its hard to tell from the poor quality videos. 

Erm, wow.

• Like 1

Just now, PaulC said:

wow what?

Well this is a racism thread, to discuss racism. There is a report of stuff going down in Brixton. Its not mentioned anywhere else as its not hugely newsworthy but obviously Brixton, grainy photos, must be black. OK you bloody liberals why aren’t you talking about these black lads doing bad then???? Thats my takeaway. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, coda said:

Brixton was a BLM music event which descended into violence. BLM want to defund the police. 22 police injured. I'd say it belongs in this thread.

Thanks but it seems nobody is prepared to talk about it. 

3 minutes ago, coda said:

Brixton was a BLM music event which descended into violence. BLM want to defund the police. 22 police injured. I'd say it belongs in this thread.

that's how they've deflected it this time

don't support BLM (the statement and message) because of BLM (the apparently crackpot organisation)

then you throw in the criminalisation element that they've wheeled out for hundreds of years now and then that's it, its finished....nothing changes

1 minute ago, coda said:

You have added information and context.

Previously, we were told this is a video with black people in it, so I posted it in the racism thread.

Then pondering why others aren’t talking about it is a thinly veiled way of accusing people of bias.

It’s not the job of others to scour the internet and post everything up. If someone has seen something of interest they can post it and debate it. Not use it to accuse others, it’s a bit crappy.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, coda said:

I’m struggling to find a link to BLM, where did you get that?

Â