Racism Part two

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, LondonLax said:

The guy is mentally ill isn’t he? What can you do about a crazy person having a meltdown and stabbing people? 

How do we know he is mentally ill? Has there been anything to allude this? 

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How do we know he is mentally ill? Has there been anything to allude this? 

The Guardian has learned that he was under the care of NHS mental health services at the time of the alleged terror attack, and had an extensive history of involvement with mental health services. He was previously detained under the Mental Health Act.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jun/22/reading-terror-suspect-had-ptsd-other-mental-health-issues-khairi-saadallah

• Thanks 1

A plane has just flown over the Burnley game with a white lives matter banner

The irony seems to be that BLM has brought out far more racism than I think most of us who accepted there is a problem even expected, its madness and its not lurking in the shadows, its somehow grown some brass balls in the last few weeks 

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The irony seems to be that BLM has brought out far more racism than I think most of us who accepted there is a problem even expected, its madness and its not lurking in the shadows, its somehow grown some brass balls in the last few weeks 

ThE uK iSn'T rAcIsT

These guys were targeted in Reading. Its not being reported possibly down to the family but I believe they were part of the LGBT community and it was a specific attack. Happy to be corrected but from the reports I have read this appears to me what happened. 

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

ThE uK iSn'T rAcIsT

It's not. 

Have we eradicated racism? Absolutely not. Is there work still to do? **** yeah there is.

Are we a racist country though? Nah. Not really. Talk to a black person that's travelled through eastern Europe, Asia or Australia and ask them about the UK's racism epidemic. We're not perfect, there's a lot to do, but there aren't many countries doing better than us from that perspective.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

It's not. 

Have we eradicated racism? Absolutely not. Is there work still to do? **** yeah there is.

Are we a racist country though? Nah. Not really. Talk to a black person that's travelled through eastern Europe, Asia or Australia and ask them about the UK's racism epidemic. We're not perfect, there's a lot to do, but there aren't many countries doing better than us from that perspective.

Sorry but you're deluded, an as Australian I realise unfortunately I come from a racist country. What I have seen and heard come out of the UK in the last few weeks specifically has shocked me. The UK is every bit as racist as Australia, sadly if not more.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If there was any PL club I could see that happening at, it would be Burnley. The whole squad is 25 dudes who all look like Ashley Westwood and managed by a ginger :D

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's not. 

It demonstrably is.

The least racist is still racist.

• Like 4

I swear even American MAGA types don't seem as overt as the ones from the replies to that Conservative Party tweet. Just straight up objecting to seeing a black face in an advertisement, what is this, the 1950's?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

There's a US tutor who does racism awareness seminars for white people. She started doing them in the UK, but had to stop as over here we simply didn't accept what was being taught and got bogged down in debates that Americans wouldn't view as anything but racist.

Edit

That kinda thing.

I’d like to drag that woman’s face across a cheese grater. Stupid word removed

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's definitely not 'the least racist' either.

Agreed. It’s a song lyric, I don’t for one minute think we’re the least racist. Far from it

• Like 1

Â