Racism Part two

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So a migrant army is infiltrating the UK from all areas of the globe to build an army big enough to attack and murder all the natives?

Sounds feasible. 

It's the plot of a very influential far right book called 'the camp of the saints', which is kind of a key text for fascists (like '1984' for liberals - they fit a lot of stories into that framework) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

People losing their minds at Chunkz becoming the host of a Sky show called Soccer Social, thinking he's replacing Le Tissier and co. Someone needs to give them a pat on the heads and tell them that it's not Soccer Saturday, and those guys have already been replaced with middle aged white guys.

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

People losing their minds at Chunkz becoming the host of a Sky show called Soccer Social, thinking he's replacing Le Tissier and co. Someone needs to give them a pat on the heads and tell them that it's not Soccer Saturday, and those guys have already been replaced with middle aged white guys.

Some people really want to make some sort of reverse racism point when there isn't one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Some people really want to make some sort of reverse racism point when there isn't one.

I think they just don't want to see black people on TV to be honest.

But it is funny seeing the same people who likely complain about everything being racism and people being snowflakes scrambling to play victim.

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Who, or what, is a Chunkz?

Some Youtuber. Don't know what he does, but he's pretty big.

Hardly surprising they're trying stuff like this to get a younger generation interested as most of the football chat shows have been shite for ages. Soccer AM got boring over a decade ago for me and nothing has filled the gap.

It's just older guys getting annoyed at people who do things they don't understand getting jobs. I've seen it on various reality shows where they have Youtubers that have millions of followers. I don't know what most of them do either, but it doesn't mean they aren't objectively famous.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's the plot of a very influential far right book called 'the camp of the saints', which is kind of a key text for fascists (like '1984' for liberals - they fit a lot of stories into that framework) 

And the basis of the film invasion USA with Chuck Norris

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Some Youtuber. Don't know what he does, but he's pretty big.

Hardly surprising they're trying stuff like this to get a younger generation interested as most of the football chat shows have been shite for ages. Soccer AM got boring over a decade ago for me and nothing has filled the gap.

It's just older guys getting annoyed at people who do things they don't understand getting jobs. I've seen it on various reality shows where they have Youtubers that have millions of followers. I don't know what most of them do either, but it doesn't mean they aren't objectively famous.

My youngest lad follow some fella called Punyply or something, He Has something like 60 million subscribers and all I can see that he does is play video games on YouTube Produce the occasional bad song. As your point says what the hell would I know

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I think they just don't want to see black people on TV to be honest.

But it is funny seeing the same people who likely complain about everything being racism and people being snowflakes scrambling to play victim.

Don’t agree with this at all. I have no idea who Chunkz is but I can guarantee a whole generation of people wouldn’t like him Regardless of what colour he is.

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Don’t agree with this at all. I have no idea who Chunkz is but I can guarantee a whole generation of people wouldn’t like him Regardless of what colour he is.

They're just completely resistant to the idea that football shouldn't be invariably presented by white middle-aged, typically ex-footballers at the very least as proven by their knee-jerk reaction to this appointment for a completely different show (from what they think it is) that they probably never have and never will watch.

Their opposition to this clearly isn't based on any logic or reasoning, in fact all the data points to the fact that Chunkz would be a success at least compared to some of the people who they're championing, who literally just got sacked because their ratings were tanking.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Haven't seen that - any good?

Let’s put it this way, any film with the line in it “I am going to hit you so many times with my right you are going to beg me for a left”  needs to be watched. The film is preposterous, does not really make any sense and full of plot holes but my God does he kick some ass. Essential viewing

• Haha 2

Just now, Follyfoot said:

Let’s put it this way, any film with the line in it “I am going to hit you so many times with my right you are going to beg me for a left”  needs to be watched. The film is preposterous, does not really make any sense and full of plot holes but my God does he kick some ass. Essential viewing

Certainly sounds like a Chuck Norris film!

• Like 1

Â