Copenhagen & Malmo

Czechlad

I went on a lads weekend and it was pricey but nothing like Oslo, Reykjavik or Luxembourg expensive. 

Plus stop in a hostel - some are better than hotels and you can have private rooms and bathrooms. The one I mentioned earlier is very nice. 

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If your saying its worse than Dublin then it must be really expensive 

I think its worse than Dublin especially with the currency conversion but its certainly a place to visit but not in a big group

5 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I was pleasantly surprised with the cost of Dublin after all I'd heard.  Didn't think it was any worse than London.

If avoid Temple Bar area then Dublin is no worse than some other capital cities

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Yep exactly.  In fact London's equivalent, Soho is probably pricier than Temple Bar.

pretty much it, Villa fan club meets in Temple Bar and can be over 2 euros extra for a pint if not a member 😮 

plus you have to watch Villa  :lol:

22 hours ago, Zatman said:

pretty much it, Villa fan club meets in Temple Bar and can be over 2 euros extra for a pint if not a member 😮 

plus you have to watch Villa  :lol:

That bar we met at was quite nice. I vaguely remember that day. The whiskeys were so cheap compared to what I am used to, and my wife just kept them coming. 

• 3 years later...

Ill revive this one

So im thinking to go Copenhagen September with the missus. Trying to figure out what the best area city centre to stay. Is central station around vesterbro best place to stay?

Also whats good to do in Copenhagen? Any advice would be appreciated 

It's crazy expensive! My flights were dirt cheap though which is what got me, Ryanair special about £25 return flights followed by a "cheap" £250 a night hotel

Stayed at the tovoli hotel which was good, close to a bit of the waterfront which was a nice enough walk and the train station / tivoli gardens, there was also a shopping centre fairly close which had 3 or 4 buffet restaurants there which were reasonable

The train from the station to the centre of Copenhagen is very good and easy, so is the train to malmo

Opposite the train station there is a good food hall, in malmo there is a great one 

My main advice would be to go slow, if you rush it you can do Copenhagen in a day and malmo in an afternoon, Copenhagen is pretty and a nice place especially as I hadn't done anywhere in scandanavia before but I wouldn't say there's loads to do, you also kind of have to see it but the little mermaid is out of the way and disappointing, it is expensive so I didn't drink other than some special edition carlsberg just to say I'd done it and tried to eat a big lunch rather than evening meal then snacked at the food halls which worked out at €10-15

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It's crazy expensive! My flights were dirt cheap though which is what got me, Ryanair special about £25 return flights followed by a "cheap" £250 a night hotel

Stayed at the tovoli hotel which was good, close to a bit of the waterfront which was a nice enough walk and the train station / tivoli gardens, there was also a shopping centre fairly close which had 3 or 4 buffet restaurants there which were reasonable

The train from the station to the centre of Copenhagen is very good and easy, so is the train to malmo

Opposite the train station there is a good food hall, in malmo there is a great one 

My main advice would be to go slow, if you rush it you can do Copenhagen in a day and malmo in an afternoon, Copenhagen is pretty and a nice place especially as I hadn't done anywhere in scandanavia before but I wouldn't say there's loads to do, you also kind of have to see it but the little mermaid is out of the way and disappointing, it is expensive so I didn't drink other than some special edition carlsberg just to say I'd done it and tried to eat a big lunch rather than evening meal then snacked at the food halls which worked out at €10-15

Thank you for that helpful advice mate. Thinking to do a thursday to sunday so 4 days. 

Flights look decent but i have heard its expensive there

This malmo trip sounds good do two cities in one go! .

I did something like this when i went vienna stayed there and did a hour journey day trip to bratislava 

• Like 1

Is a lot of things to do in Copenhagen/Malmo for a weekend but yes everything is a lot more expensive then most of Europe, was regularly 8/9 euros a beer when I was there last time which I think was last World Cup so probably higher now.

September the weather should be decent as well and its a nice area to walk around. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/03/2022 at 17:01, Demitri_C said:

Ill revive this one

So im thinking to go Copenhagen September with the missus. Trying to figure out what the best area city centre to stay. Is central station around vesterbro best place to stay?

Also whats good to do in Copenhagen? Any advice would be appreciated 

when you land , take the airport train to Malmo over the Oresund bridge  , get off at Malmo , cross the platform then get the next train back to Copenhagen city centre  .. 

Tivoli gardens would be the obvious place to visit  .. Christiansborg Palace is worth a look around  , once you've finished there you are close to Stroget which is a shopping area with cafes and bars ...   and you've probably seen the photos on the web of Nyhavn Harbour  , you can do your Instagram / Facebook selfie there 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

when you land , take the airport train to Malmo over the Oresund bridge  , get off at Malmo , cross the platform then get the next train back to Copenhagen city centre  .. 

Tivoli gardens would be the obvious place to visit  .. Christiansborg Palace is worth a look around  , once you've finished there you are close to Stroget which is a shopping area with cafes and bars ...   and you've probably seen the photos on the web of Nyhavn Harbour  , you can do your Instagram / Facebook selfie there 

Im not sure I follow. Why go to Malmö when you arrive when you can travel directly to Copenhagen from the airport? Do you mean just to see the bridge and skip a visit to Malmö altogether.

• Like 1

I read it as get the train to malmo and then come straight back

That way you can say you went there but there's **** all to do there so don't waste your time... 

For me malmo wasn't great, I got there at maybe 10am and by 2pm I was ready to go back, like I said the food hall (saluhall?) is definitely worth a visit but other than a walk through the centre which is perfectly pleasant there's not a great deal there, and the city centres main problem for me was I was in Copenhagen, I was in scandanavia, all the nice things about the centre and the architecture etc I'd seen there, it would be like staying in brum and going to Wolverhampton on the train for the day 😄 I'm sure if you keep going 10 mins after the food hall you can reach the sea in a little park and see the bridge

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I read it as get the train to malmo and then come straight back

That way you can say you went there but there's **** all to do there so don't waste your time... 

For me malmo wasn't great, I got there at maybe 10am and by 2pm I was ready to go back, like I said the food hall (saluhall?) is definitely worth a visit but other than a walk through the centre which is perfectly pleasant there's not a great deal there, and the city centres main problem for me was I was in Copenhagen, I was in scandanavia, all the nice things about the centre and the architecture etc I'd seen there, it would be like staying in brum and going to Wolverhampton on the train for the day 😄 I'm sure if you keep going 10 mins after the food hall you can reach the sea in a little park and see the bridge

Make sense then. I agree with that but I live in the region so my input is a little bit tainted. Maybe I would go over to Malmö for lunch at Lilla Torg and a walk around Möllevångstorget but that is it. So not really worth it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Im not sure I follow. Why go to Malmö when you arrive when you can travel directly to Copenhagen from the airport? Do you mean just to see the bridge and skip a visit to Malmö altogether.

yeah  .. as @villa4europe said 

I didn't think Malmö  was worth a visit (Sorry Malmö :) ) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â