2019-20 predictions, FA, trades and general chat

Tegis

Mayfield's throwing motion shows way too much of the ball and he telegraphs his passes. For a shorter QB that's not good. The Browns are going to live and die by Mayfield's choices and while it may be entertaining, it's going to cost them games.

Just now, rjw63 said:

Eli has been benched.

Probably 2 years too late.

What did he do wrong last year?

Same yards as Rivers, same completion % as Mahomes, similar TD% to Dak and Rodgers, same int% as Brady. Just happened to be on a much worse team.

Our backup threw 5 passes last season. Completed 0 and threw an Interception. You just don't bench a capable starter unless you've got a genuine QB for the future to develop IMO, and we haven't had that until this season.

On 16/09/2019 at 19:55, tonyh29 said:

Bridgewater showed yesterday he can’t fill the role , I’m expecting Hill to start v the Seahawks ... it will be bonkers if nothing else 

Teddy will get the starter job now. Hill is more of a gadget player, he's not a starting QB.

19 hours ago, Tegis said:

Minkah Fitzpatrick to the Steelers for a 1st round pick.

Blatant tanking - should have their first round pick next year taken off them

6 hours ago, Xela said:

It took Philly approximate 4 years of "the process" before they were a regular playoff team. How many straight years of tanking would it take in the NFL? 

On 18/09/2019 at 18:08, Xela said:

Rosen doesn't deserve this. Despite the weird attitude he's actually a more talented QB than the 3 guys who got drafted before him and I'm  a Mayfield fanboy.  

He's going to get battered every Sunday for a 2nd year running , be labeled a bust and Miami will grab Tua or Herbert.

If he somehow ends up in New England I'm jumping off a cliff.

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Timing it with the end of Brady and maybe Bill

3/4 years? And on the back of that there's still every danger they pick mitch over mahomes or Watson 

They picked fitzpatrick over James for example 

I can see them stockpiling for Lawrence and they should.

14 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Timing it with the end of Brady and maybe Bill

3/4 years? And on the back of that there's still every danger they pick mitch over mahomes or Watson 

They picked fitzpatrick over James for example 

I was thinking it could be much more than that, but I guess so much of it comes down to finding the right quarterback and keeping him healthy.

Â