2019-20 predictions, FA, trades and general chat

Tegis

On 08/09/2019 at 13:35, BOF said:

That guy doesn't know the difference between things that have happened and things that are in the future.

He also neglects the frozen feet , racial slurs at Mayock , recording Gruden's phone calls , releasing internal mail and then filming himself celebrating his release,

AB isn't a covert genius.  He's a piece of shit .

• Like 3

On 04/09/2019 at 18:24, Brumerican said:

And both are/were highly desirable.

😀  You said teams DO NOT desire  RB's and they can be replaced effectively by the next man up.   Dallas wouldn't get to the playoffs with Pollard mate.

The last few drafts tell me that good RB's are extremely desirable.  Whether they should get paid top dollar after their rookie contract is a different matter entirely.

I'd never pay a RB top dollar after his rookie deal ends personally as the average RB career is 5-6 years tops.   I'd just keep drafting one early and trading away good ones at the end of their contract.

Zeke was banned and Alfred Morris was fine. Melvin Gordon holds out and UDFA Austin Ekeler blows up. Kareem Hunt gets banned and Damian Williams (!?) seamlessly replaced him. Spending an early pick on a running back isn't necessary.

Saquon was unbelievable last season and we were still awful because running the ball doesn't win you games.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

i would hope not considering its just an accusation at this stage.

So was the murder charge on Aaron Hernandez, but the Pats cut him the same day. Pats don't really need him anyway. Interesting few days ahead.

8 hours ago, abdomlahor said:

Zeke was banned and Alfred Morris was fine. Melvin Gordon holds out and UDFA Austin Ekeler blows up. Kareem Hunt gets banned and Damian Williams (!?) seamlessly replaced him. Spending an early pick on a running back isn't necessary.

Saquon was unbelievable last season and we were still awful because running the ball doesn't win you games.

RBs are still desirable though.

That was my only point.

10 hours ago, abdomlahor said:

The top running backs do make a difference, though.

Zeke didn't play in 6 games. In those 6 games Dallas went 3-3 and put up 4 of their worst rushing numbers on the year.
Williams started 3 games last season, KC went 1-2 and he rushed for just 203 yards in those 3 games.

There's no 1 player that will make that much of a difference, though. The very best QBs will struggle with a terrible Oline, the best receivers will struggle with a terrible QB.

4 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

The very best QBs will struggle with a terrible Oline

that's the ekeler for Gordon swap that's very hard to see, chargers have a shit Oline, scott is garbage, obviously not every play but at times this year they are going to have to support him with the RB blocking

13 of the top 15 rush leaders all-time were drafted in the 1st round , 12 of them were picked in the top 10. You will definitely get the odd players later on, or even undrafted, that do well. But I think that's more down to guys coming from a smaller college which makes it a bit harder to judge their talent level properly.

23 hours ago, Brumerican said:

That guy doesn't know the difference between things that have happened and things that are in the future.

He also neglects the frozen feet , racial slurs at Mayock , recording Gruden's phone calls , releasing internal mail and then filming himself celebrating his release,

AB isn't a covert genius.  He's a piece of shit .

Add into his argument with Juju last season and it just confirms what type of character he is 

More interested in personal stats than team success (although he's far from alone in that respect)

Â