2019-20 predictions, FA, trades and general chat

Tegis

Just now, Tegis said:

Gets drafted 1st by the Cardinals and Elway trades for Rosen. *twilight zone music*

Never getting drafted before Haskins but I agree that Rosen is going to be a possible trade , (He was a dick in college and disliked by his whole roster)

53 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Hi Broncos fans.

:wave:

Linkety clickings

Joe Flacco trade: Broncos to acquire Baltimore QB, source says

Former Super Bowl MVP will come to Denver when trades can be completed next month

The Broncos will complete a trade next month for Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco, a source confirmed this morning.

ESPN was first to report the deal. The trade will become official at 2 p.m. on March 13, the first day NFL teams are allowed to execute deals and sign other teams’ free agents. A source said the Broncos are expected to give up one of their two fourth-round picks.

New Broncos coach Vic Fangio was on the Ravens staff as a defensive assistant during Flacco’s first two seasons (2008-09).

Flacco, 34, sustained a hip injury at the mid-point of 2018 and lost his starting job to rookie Lamar Jackson, who helped the Ravens to an AFC North title.

The Broncos clearly felt there were other teams interested in Flacco, who was expected to be released if no trade was completed. Thus, the urgency to complete the trade a month in advance.

Flacco’s arrival means the end of Case Keenum as the starter in Denver after one year. The Broncos could keep Keenum with a re-worked deal to be the backup, attempt to trade him or cut him and absorb a $10 million dead salary cap hit.

A source said Elway has already talked to Keenum about the impending trade.

By acquiring Flacco in a trade and not risking him signing with another team in free agency, Elway believes he has settled the sport’s most important position with a veteran instead of sticking with Keenum. It also gives the Broncos all options with the 10th overall pick to fill needs at cornerback, linebacker or offensive line.

A first-round draft pick in 2008 (No. 18 overall), Flacco carries a $26.5 million salary cap hit this year, per Over The Cap. His cap hits are $28.25 million in 2020 and $24.25 million in 2021.

Flacco is 96-67 as a regular-season starter and before his injury after nine games in 2018, had started all 16 games in nine of his first 10 years. He helped the Ravens to a Super Bowl XLVII win over San Francisco.

Flacco’s 10 playoff wins are third-most among active quarterbacks behind New England’s Tom Brady and Pittsburgh’s Ben Roethlisberger.

Last year, the Washington Redskins and Kansas City Chiefs agreed on a trade for quarterback Alex Smith (going to the Redskins) well before the start of the league year.

yeah i just dont see it

chiefs have mahomes in place for years now are pretty much only blipping when reid calls it quits, chargers you have to anticipate will blip when rivers goes but another good all round young team, raiders are way off if the mire 

the future thinking to me is the broncos arent in a super bowl window, they arent about to be in one either, flacco for 3/4 years is a mistep, they would be better off trying the QB carousel and hoping they find one,  if they stink the place out they can draft high, instead i think flacco will get them in to years of being average and getting shit draft picks

at least one east coast team isn't scared to move on from an ageing, declining, overpaid superbowl winning quarterback. while the giants are trying to do everything possible to get adequate play out of eli, the ravens are already in a position to start fresh and have cap space to build around an exciting new age signal caller.

Bullet dodged for Jax. I'm still guessing we get Foles and draft a guy at 7 (Murray /Lock/ Jones).

We have extended Lambo though which is a plus. Great kicker and hilarious off the field.

Edited by Brumerican

22 hours ago, villa4europe said:

yeah i just dont see it

chiefs have mahomes in place for years now are pretty much only blipping when reid calls it quits, chargers you have to anticipate will blip when rivers goes but another good all round young team, raiders are way off if the mire 

the future thinking to me is the broncos arent in a super bowl window, they arent about to be in one either, flacco for 3/4 years is a mistep, they would be better off trying the QB carousel and hoping they find one,  if they stink the place out they can draft high, instead i think flacco will get them in to years of being average and getting shit draft picks

Our problem is we're wasting Von Miller.

• Like 1

If the Colts get Brown or Bell (feasibly could get both) then it's game over for the AFC South.

Haskins is currently 14/1 to go first . I could definitely see us trading up for him so there could be some value there.

Â