Pre-Match Thread

wilko154

1 minute ago, ExhallVillan said:

Fully agree--

Wilder dont say a lot he just gets on with his job  --and he loves Sheffield Utd,

Adomah  to me has been pretty poor all season,-- and dont seem interested--needs replacing--.

Wilder I hope will be our Smith. He needed abit of time but ha shit better each year. I'm willing ti give Smith time if he can give us the wilder effect 

On 04/02/2019 at 12:40, Spoony said:

This is the first game at Villa Park that I’ve been to since an awful friendly against Valencia in (I think) 2010! Very excited!!!

Martin O'Neill's last game in charge of us I do believe.

• Like 1

I feel positive about this, defence is hopefully gonna stay solid and build from there. I know we have been poor lately but if we can continue to look safe at the back we can turn this corner. 

UTV! 

I can't see the logic in opening the Upper Trinity - there are still 3,000 tickets left elsewhere in the ground; a strange one that.

Interesting game this - there's a sort of meh around the whole place, season drifting into nothingness, nowt to play for, nowt to get excited about. We're not far off the playoffs points-wise but we're not looking like we're going to challenge for them, it's all a bit waiting for 2019-20.

But.

Win this and I think you might get a bit of buzz back, Sheffield United are good and we know it, if we can beat them, not only does it keep us within touching distance of the top six, but it might give the place a little bit of spark. A big win could set the season on fire and any kind of win will blow though the embers and provide a bit of warmth.

A defeat leaves us counting the days until the fixtures come out and hoping Liverpool foul up. 

I know which of those two scenarios I'd prefer.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I can't see the logic in opening the Upper Trinity - there are still 3,000 tickets left elsewhere in the ground; a strange one that.

Interesting game this - there's a sort of meh around the whole place, season drifting into nothingness, nowt to play for, nowt to get excited about. We're not far off the playoffs points-wise but we're not looking like we're going to challenge for them, it's all a bit waiting for 2019-20.

But.

Win this and I think you might get a bit of buzz back, Sheffield United are good and we know it, if we can beat them, not only does it keep us within touching distance of the top six, but it might give the place a little bit of spark. A big win could set the season on fire and any kind of win will blow though the embers and provide a bit of warmth.

A defeat leaves us counting the days until the fixtures come out and hoping Liverpool foul up. 

I know which of those two scenarios I'd prefer.

Sounds like it’s only going to be around 34k tops. Friday might games are the worst. Eff off sky

4 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Get Carroll and Kodjia in, drop Whelan and Adomah.

I'd imagine we'll see Carroll alright.  Hourihane has played every single league game bar 1 this season (@ QPR), and not been rested in 15 (all 15 were starts).  McGinn is not much better but can't see him being rested.

Kalanic

Hutton                Elphick              Mings                Taylor

Carroll                McGinn

Hourihane

El Ghazi                                                                    Kodjia

Abraham

• Like 4

I'd have Chester on bench forthis one

9 hours ago, KHV said:

Kalanic

Hutton                Elphick              Mings                Taylor

Carroll                McGinn

Hourihane

El Ghazi                                                                    Kodjia

Abraham

I'd go with that. Would like Davis to be given some game time 

Carroll for Whelan. Davis for Adomah. Davis up front. Abraham allowed to roam, which I am sure I have read he likes to do, coming in from the wing. I think Davis could create plenty of opportunities for Abraham.

Might as well go for a win. For where we are now, a loss is not much worse than a draw.

Statistical comparisons don't bode well here.  Let's just hope we're the banana skin and they stamp on us like ... actually I'll leave it there.

• Haha 2