Pre-Match Thread

wilko154

Another week and another game... Friday night see's us back at Villa Park and the start of a much tougher run of fixtures.

I think everyone is crossing their fingers that Jack Grealish will be back on Friday.

Kalinic

Hutton  Elphick  Mings  Taylor

Whelan   Hourihane

Kodjia       McGinn     El Ghazi

Abraham

I would go with the same team this week, but drop out Adomah for Kodjia. Adomah was useless on Saturday.

Then we pray that our new and improved defence can hold out until the second half where (fingers crossed) the messiah returns to waltz through their defence.

2-0 Villa

Keep the faith.

I'm going to this am not really looking forward to it tbh as I think we will lose. We couldn't even break down a woeful reading team don't see how we can sheffield united? 

If grealish is back then it might boost the place but I don't think he will be back 

Only hope is we up our game against the better sides because we have certainly blown a decent chance with our form over the last 2 months to get ourselves in a strong position, not picking up anywhere near enough points from a kind run of games. Need to try something different, would love Keinan to start to give SheffYoo something unexpected to think about. 1-1, another draw if we're lucky. 

A one nil win, but not sure which way?! Fortunately, Sheff U rarely draw. While we are approaching half our games drawn. I so hate draws.

Amazing to think Sheff U go top by beating us, having lost more games than us this season. Salute to not drawing football matches.

• Like 2

Hourihane has turned into a bit of a bad boy for us lately.  He went his first 24 appearances this season without a yellow card and has now racked up 4 in his last 5 games.  He's on the verge of a suspension.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Hourihane has turned into a bit of a bad boy for us lately.  He went his first 24 appearances this season without a yellow card and has now racked up 4 in his last 5 games.  He's on the verge of a suspension.

I think it's ten games now and you get a two game 5games has passed. Mcginn is on 9 maybe take the bannow before we play the blosers 

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think it's ten games now and you get a two game 5games has passed. Mcginn is on 9 maybe take the bannow before we play the blosers 

You may be right on the ten, but McGinn did serve a ban after 5 yellows (we lost to Norwich in his absence) so he's on the verge of a second 5 :)  

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Wilder for me is one of the best managers in the league. I rate him highly. 

Time to offer us something different Dean. Enough of playing the useless adomah who is like playing with ten men. 

Fully agree--

Wilder dont say a lot he just gets on with his job  --and he loves Sheffield Utd,

Adomah  to me has been pretty poor all season,-- and dont seem interested--needs replacing--.

55 minutes ago, BOF said:

You may be right on the ten, but McGinn did serve a ban after 5 yellows (we lost to Norwich in his absence) so he's on the verge of a second 5 :)  

When you book up ten bookings you get a two game ban. 5i believe lasts up until December then you can only get a ban once you have hit ten (the one game ban doesn't apply for 5 after that)