Norwich City

TRO

Be interesting seeing how they choose to spend the Emi money. 

Will they spend it all on a like for like replacement for Emi or spend it on multiple players to strengthen the squad? 

Edited by villalad21

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Will they spend it all on a like for like replacement for Emi or spend it on multiple players to strengthen the squad? 

I think on multiple signings that they can improve  and  keep on if they go down then sell for a profit

Anybody else think Daniel Farke is a very good manager? Easily dismissed because he has relegation on his cv but always plays good football on a shoestring budget , would thrive with better players 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

This becomes a much bigger year for them now, the lack of investment last time sent them straight back down and a few fans I know were really annoyed at how little a go they gave it.

Sold their big player now and should legitimately be able to spend 100 mil + this year and they have to.

6 hours ago, Rino8 said:

This becomes a much bigger year for them now, the lack of investment last time sent them straight back down and a few fans I know were really annoyed at how little a go they gave it.

Sold their big player now and should legitimately be able to spend 100 mil + this year and they have to.

They won't spend 100m. Supposedly have a 30/40m hike in the accounts due to covid and they're very financially risk adverse after nearly going bust before. I reckon they'll spend about 40 to 50m and then likely go back down. However they'll see it as squad improvement and having resalable assets which have potentially improved in price. They'll then look to win the championship again and possibly make a better go of it then. Gradually improving and getting closer each time, rather then gambling the future of the club on staying up. 

6 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Anybody else think Daniel Farke is a very good manager? Easily dismissed because he has relegation on his cv but always plays good football on a shoestring budget , would thrive with better players 

His failure to adapt last time in the prem is what cost him.

We'll see if he's learned anything. If they play the way they did they'll go straight back down.

57 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

His failure to adapt last time in the prem is what cost him.

We'll see if he's learned anything. If they play the way they did they'll go straight back down.

It almost cost us, we are slowly transitioning to the way we want to play,  Farke needs to survive then build the following  season 

Edited by gwi1890

Norwich have already slightly changed the way they play , Farke has publicly stated he wanted to make them more defensively sound and looks like he's done that, back i 2018/19 they conceded 57 goals on the way to promotion, this time they only conceded 36 goals on the way to promotion.

Whether that will translate to them being better defensively next season in the premier league than they were the last time remains to be seen, but it's obviously something they've worked on.

• Like 2

On 06/06/2021 at 16:10, villan-scott said:

They had a choice between the Pinkun and the Brownun, and went pink. A good choice in my opinion. 

Is there not an old Steve Davis/Stephen Hendry joke about this which is sexually based

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Listened to the fans and cancelled the sponsorship deal. Fair Play

Decent deal for the gambling company. Lots of advertising, and they didn't even have to pay for it :D 

On 10/06/2021 at 12:52, Zatman said:

Listened to the fans and cancelled the sponsorship deal. Fair Play

The BK8 advertising is really quite shocking. Not surprised the Norwich fans objected.

Let’s hope no-one associated with AVFC has any association with this company in their history!

DF683CB4-8A2F-4B45-92EE-7536A41AC1DD.png

Â