Weekends Football 1/3 Febuary

andykeenan

5 minutes ago, turvontour said:

It always staggers me how West Ham get 60000 fans.

Are there any other (rubbish) teams that could double their home attendance if given the chance?

Cheapest tickets of any major ticket in London, aren't they? It's amazing what cheap tickets due to an unfairly cheap rent at a massive stadium can do, isn't it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Cheapest tickets of any major ticket in London, aren't they? It's amazing what cheap tickets due to an unfairly cheap rent at a massive stadium can do, isn't it.

Ye i guess some of it is that. I just had no idea that the 30k they had at upton park was so much lower than what they could get.

9 hours ago, turvontour said:

Ye i guess some of it is that. I just had no idea that the 30k they had at upton park was so much lower than what they could get.

They’ve got a lot of supporters in Essex as the closest big team too, quite a big catchment for them.

16 hours ago, turvontour said:

It always staggers me how West Ham get 60000 fans.

Are there any other (rubbish) teams that could double their home attendance if given the chance?

Me too.  West Ham get a massive boost from being in London.  When considering their history, I think if you replaced Wolves or Villa with West Ham location wise the attendances would be the same.

I live five minutes walk from their stadium and I've encountered plenty of people who aren't West Ham fans but have season tickets just because it's somewhere to watch live football.

The stadium is horrible though, hated it result aside when I went in September.

Â